Chapter 10 (Edited)

I think that this chapter is another one of my favourites, its possible it could be my favourite but i cant decide

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Chapter 10

To say After Life was packed would be an understatement; it was so crowded there was almost no space to move. I had a suspicion that this club was likely over the allowed capacity but they probably never got in trouble with the city, those were some of the perks you got when your club’s best customers were vampires.

This club obviously didn’t care about the standard club rules as the bouncers seemed to let anyone in no matter the age and the craftsmanship of the ids. The bouncer only briefly glanced at my id and handed it back seconds later.

The After Life seemed like an average club on the surface, but experienced people could see things normal humans couldn’t. There were subtle differences between vampire clubs and regular human clubs. People who knew about vampires could pick out vampires in the crowd with a bit of work. They knew that there were certain room dedicated to VIPs or in other words, vampires. They knew there was a special menu for those VIPs. The club’s colours even seemed to be indicative; the colours were a dark blood red and deep black. Most humans were clueless to what went on around them.

Erik distanced himself from me and made his way to a group of hot girls as soon as we got in the club. I shook my head amused at Erik’s actions; he got to act like a normal teenager at a club while I would be dealing with more serious things. As much as I wished I could join Erik I knew I couldn’t. If I didn’t find my brother who would?

As I neared the bar a stool vacated and I smiled slightly at my good fortune. I sat down quickly before anyone else could snatch the seat. Then I pulled out my phone, busying myself until a bartender came over.

“What’ll you be having?” asked a bartender, his lips just barely covering what looked like sharp white fangs. Once again I didn’t expect humans noticed and if they did they probably convinced themselves they saw nothing weird.

“A scotch,” I replied and moments later a glass of scotch slid towards me. I reached out and caught the glass just as it was about to pass me and then looked into the amber liquid as I swirled it around in the clear glass.

A muscular, jock type guy in his twenties that sat beside me sighed depressed into his beer. I looked at him out of the corner of my eye as he took another swig. I eyed the various bruises in different states of healing on his arms. He’s an abusive drunk, I guessed. He most likely got drunk at a club and then got himself into fights. He caught me staring and scowled proving my theory. He cracked his knuckles in a menacing way and reached for his beer to down the rest. I sighed; I wouldn’t remain inconspicuous for much longer if this drunk started a fight with me. He slammed the beer bottle on the counter and glared at me. He opened his mouth to say something and I got a whiff of alcohol. I raised my eyebrows at him unwilling to back down despite the fact that I didn’t want to fight. Neither of us moved for a moment, then someone lightly tapped the drunk’s shoulder.

“Could you move? I’d like to sit down and you should really stop your little party of binge drinking,” said a musical female voice. I watched as the girl moved closer to the drunken jock and looked into his eyes after he remained sitting, stupidly stunned at being asked to move. “Move,” ordered the girl backing up as the dazed jock stood up quickly.

Although rather than leaving he scowled and took a drunken swing at her. She easily avoided his punch and he stumbled unbalanced. He took a few steps forward trying to regain his balance but crashed into a medium-sized glass statue of a girl. Everyone watched in silence as it toppled to the ground and shattered into pieces. He sat there as a few bouncers came towards him and dragged him off. Someone came moments later, she swept up the glass and soon there was nothing to hint something had happened minutes before. Everything went back to normal, the humans quickly forgetting the incident had happen.