Chapter 23 (Edited)

i cant wait until summer, just another week until exams and then im free from school :)

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Chapter 23

I sat up in my bed and pushed the cover off, my eyes adjusted to the dark room and then I looked over at Alexandria to see that she was still asleep. The clock said it was almost two in the afternoon so I got out off bed and went near Alexandria’s bed. I contemplated shaking her awake but last time that didn’t really work out so well.

“Alexandria? Are you awake? Its kind of late so I think we should try and find out something with the list of names I have,” I whispered. I sighed when she didn’t move.

“It’s only two in the afternoon, its way to early,” Alexandria groaned with her eyes still closed. I shook my head and tried to pull the bed covers off of her but failed, she was gripping them too tightly.

“Its way too late,” I mimicked. What else could I do to wake her up? A bucket of cold water? No, that would just make her more annoyed. I looked over at the deep blue cloth curtains and got an idea. I pulled on the strings and the curtains drew open letting sunlight stream into the room. Alexandria winced and pulled the covers over her head hiding from the sunlight.

“Close the curtains,” she pleaded. I frowned but didn’t do anything. Alexandria needed to wake up, she was the only way I would find some of the people on the list I had.

“Why? Vampires aren’t affected by sunlight, that’s just a myth and I’ve seen you in the sun before so stop faking it.”

“Yeah vampires normally aren’t affected by sunlight but in the morning when we are not awake and expecting sunlight it can kind of hurt. Please close the curtains,” she mumbled, her voice was muffled by the blanket over her face. I stared at her bed considering whether I should believe her or now. “Now, Damien!” Alexandria ordered. I sighed and then closed the curtains.

“Happy? Now wake up,” I ordered. Alexandria glared at me after she resurfaced from under the covers. She shook her head and then closed her eyes once more. “Alright what will it take you to wake up?”

“Its too early, I sleep in longer than this. If you want to go search for you’re friends now by all means go on but it’ll have to be without me. I’ll just meet up with you later when I'm fully awake.”

“But I need you’re help with the list of names. I don’t know anyone on the list, I was hoping you would,” I argued.

“Oh well then I guess you’re out of luck, I don’t feel like waking up anytime soon. How about you just get a coffee or something and then I’ll meet up with you later on?”

“Fine I’ll get a coffee but I'm warning you after I'm done I'm coming back here and then you’d better be awake and ready,” I said. Alexandria groaned again.

“Fine, but you have to get me a coffee; you can take your time doing it. I want a caramel frappuccino from Starbucks,” and with that she fell back asleep. What a lazy vampire.

I changed into some jeans and a t-shirt then put a light jack on and left. I closed the door behind me quietly and pocketed the key card I had taken from the table near the door. Once I was outside the hotel I tried to remember where exactly the Starbucks I saw last night as I was in the taxi was. In the end I just followed a hunch and walked in a random direction. As soon as I spotted the recognizable green, white and black sign I sped up anxious to get the drinks and then start today’s search for my friends and Tristan.

When I walked into the Starbucks its signature coffee scent greeted me. There was no line so I went up to the cash register and the girl there smiled at me.