Bad to Good Day

That night, I texted Christian to tell him I couldn't make it to our little get -together because of a family emergency.

Christian- It's ok Katherine, maybe next time and if you ever need anything, I'm here for you.

Me- Thanks Christian.Your the best!

Stephen left to go home because he stayed with me all day yesterday and today is the day I get to go see my grandfather but to be honest... I don't want to. I don't want anything to happen to him and just seeing him all sick will just break my heart.

I hardly had any sleep last night so I put concealer to cover the bags under my eyes and today I really didn't care how I dressed so I wore some sweats and a T-shirt. I started packing because my grandparents lived two hours away and I think I might stay there for a while so I can spend some time with him.

We got in the car and drove to the hospital. The whole ride was silent and all you could hear was the air conditioner and my mom sniffing. We made it to the hospital and I still couldn't believe this is happening.

As we were walking to the entrance we see my Uncle Jim, Aunt Zoey, and my Cousin Henry. My mom went to hug her brother and cried on his shoulder.

"It's ok baby sis,dads gonna be ok" Uncle Jim said,treating my mom like how they use to when they were kids.

"I know, but I don't want to lose him" My mom cried.

I started tearing up a bit. They let go after my mom calmed down and we walked inside the hospital to sit in the waiting room.As soon as I sat down, I looked at my phone to see 4 messages from Stephen, Christian, Jessica, and Jennifer. I ignored Christian and the girls text messages because right now, I just needed Stephens reassuring words.

Stephen- He's gonna be okay kat. I know how hard it is to lose someone. Be strong baby ❤.

Me- I will,thanks babe. I love you.

Stephen -I love you more.

I started to tear up all over again."Katherine are you ok,dear?" My aunt asked.

"Yeah I'm fine" I said wiping my stray tears. I waited to see my grandfather. I wanted to see him last because I was too scared to see him and I still am.

Flashback

"Grandpa,Grandpa I want ice cream!" I begged my grandpa when I was seven.

"Of course sweetheart, let's go outside before the ice cream man leaves"My grandfather,Tom,said.

"Ok" I said excitedly.

We went outside to the ice cream truck and we looked at all the different kinds of ice cream.

"Which flavor do you want pumpkin?"My grandfather asked me.

"Umm... vanilla" I said pointing at it.

My grandfather paid for the ice cream and we sat outside of the steps of my house eating the delicious ice cream on a hot day. As we were eating the ice cream we started to talk about the past, when he was in the army back in the day.

All of a sudden, a car parked into a driveway of some house. I see a young lady and her son come out of a car.They were both wearing black like someone had past away.The mother was crying with her son also and they were hugging each other.The boy looked around my age and he looked very familiar now that i'm reliving that day. Then I came back to reality.Was that Stephen when he was little?!.

"Katherine,you can go see your grandfather now."My dad said snapping me out of my daze.

I got up and went to the room my grandpa was in. When I was in the room, I see my grandfather all hooked up with machines all around him and meddled in him. I walked over to say hi to my grandmother.

"I'll leave you two alone"My grandmother said.

I walked to my grandfather and cried with his hand on my hand. "I love you Grandpa. You will always be my second dad. I loved you when you told me stories about you being in the army and how it was horrible killing those people but they were in a better place and you will be in a better place too. Please don't leave me. I need you in my life" I said my eyes probably red and face pale.

"I love you too Katherine. Who said I was leaving?I will always be right there."My grandfather said,softly smiling at me.

"Please don't leave." I said looking strait into his hazel eyes.

"I won't,I promise."My grandfather said,kissing our intertwined hands.

I hugged him and gave him a kiss on his forehead and he gave me a kiss back. I walked out of the room and sat down at the waiting room with my tears streaming down my cheek.

"He's gonna be ok Katherine" Christopher said rubbing my back . "We should get some sleep. The doctor said that he was gonna be okay and he will go home in a few days" Christopher continued.

Thank god he's gonna be okay and he will be able to go home, this must be the reason why he kept saying that he'll be right there and always will be.
We went to a hotel and stayed there for tonight and tomorrow night. Today has been a very emotional and teary day,but knowing my grandpa is gonna be ok just made the day better.I guess you could say it was a Bad to Good day.
________________________________________
I hope you enjoyed!Aww..such a sad moment but everythings gonna be okay so Yayyyyy!

Vote
Comment

。*。~xXx
。。*。Have。
。a wonderful day.
.'*。.¨¯'*❤。。

~C_And_A