[8] A Vampire Always Gets What He Wants

Recap…

As his lips inched closer to mine I turned my head to the side making him kiss my cheek instead. He pulled away, giving me a sad look, but he quickly erased all emotion from his face, the only sign of his distaste was his clenched jaw. I just gulped, feeling his intense stare on the side of my face as I looked out into the darkness.

Chapter 8

The car was filled with complete silence as Sebastian continued driving down the highway. I kept my gaze down on my lap, noticing from the corner of my eye that Sebastian kept glancing at me every few minutes. I was still trying to wrap my head around what just happened at the rest area. One minute he’s this growling, possessive beast, and then the next minute he’s this gentle, caring guy. I could only hope that the gentle caring side was the dominate of the two.

“We’re going to make a quick stop at your house so you can gather up some of your things,” he suddenly said making me turn my head and look at his face to see if he was actually being serious, but his face was emotionless giving nothing away. “Really!” I said excitedly, mentally thinking of how I could get aunt Cindy and Ted to call the cops and get him put away behind bars for good.

“I’m sure your aunt and uncle will be just ecstatic to find out that you’ve fallen madly in love with me and have decided to come live with me,” Sebastian said with a smirk putting his arm around the back of my seat. “What!” I shrieked giving him a look of utter disbelief. “Why the heck would I say that when it’s not true!”

“Because if you don’t they won’t live to see another day,” Sebastian said in a menacing tone, making me sink deeper into my seat in fear. He wouldn’t… oh gosh he would. He’s already done it once what’s to stop him from doing it again.

A half an hour later Sebastian was driving down the gravel driveway to my house. I felt so nervous about what he wanted me to do that it was making my stomach fill with knots.

“Remember to stick to the plan Kate and nobody gets hurt,” he said as he turned the car off glanced my way. I just nodded my head already feeling like I was going to break down and cry.

As we headed up the stairs toward the front door Sebastian placed his arm around my shoulders and pulled me close to him. 

“Just smile,” he whispered as he reached over and rang the door bell. I tried to shrug off his arm but he just growled lowly and pulled me even closer.

The door suddenly flew open and aunt Cindy stood there with a smile on her face.

“Oh Kate honey, did you have a good time at the movies?” she asked happily. “Ya, it was…great”, I replied in a quiet voice.

“That’s good dear, and who is this handsome young man?” She said with a teasing smile.

“Oh, he-.”

“I’m Sebastian Steel, it’s a pleasure to meet you Mrs…” he said cutting me off.

“Oh, you can just call me Cindy, Sebastian,” Aunt Cindy replied in bashful tone. I internally rolled my eyes as Sebastian buttered up my aunt.

“Come in, come in, you two.” she said pulling us inside. 

“Actually Cindy, Kate and I are kind of in a rush at the moment.” Sebastian said coolly. Aunt Cindy’s smile faltered, “In a rush, in a rush for what?” she asked looking at me for an explanation. I swallowed hard, as Sebastian looked down at me with an intense stare, reminding me to stick to the plan. “Well… we… I,“ I took in a deep breath before continuing, “I decided that I want to move in with…Sebastian”, I stuttered out, hating every word that came out of my mouth.