Chapter 19

(Your POV)

Riley, Keith, Zac and I are currently in our L.A house. We just moved in here about a week ago. Keith and Zac are currently playing Madden on the PS4. Riley and I are on the couch. Riley is alternating between watching them and on her phone. I have my notebook and pencil in hand, trying to think of lyrics.

I groan and close my notebook, not being able to think of something. I'm wearing black skinny jeans, a grey hoodie and grey converses. The doorbell rings, making me stand up. I make my way to the door, opening it up.

"HEY DAWG!" Dinah shouts, seeing she hasn't seen me in awhile.

"Hey guys." I let them in, closing the door behind them. I peck Lauren on the lips, greeting her. "We're all upstairs." I motion them to follow me, jogging up the stairs.

I sit back down in my spot, putting my notebook and pencil in my lap. Lauren sits next to me.

"Hai!" Keith says to them while playing.

"What cha guys doing here?" Riley asks, setting her phone down. Riley recently dyed the tips of her hair blue.

"My girlfriend lives here." Lauren shrugs.

"So does my sister." Camila pipes in.

Keith gasps, "So you didn't come here to visit us three? Very offended."

I chuckle and roll my eyes, opening my notebook to a blank page. I bite the eraser of the pencil, thinking of lyrics.

"I need a song but I can't think of any lyrics." I groan, now twiddling the pencil in my hands.

"Why don't you just write about sex?" Dinah asks, earning a slap on the head from Ally.

"Do you need a happy or sad song?" Ally asks.

"Any, I just need a fucking song." I mumble. What about - I got it. "Shit! I got it!"

~~~

(The kids in the dark, the kids in the dark)

Here we are,

At the end of the road - a road that's quietly caving in,

Come too far to pretend that we don't - we don't miss where we started,

Looking back, I see a setting sun, and watch my shadow fade into the floor,

I am left standing on the edge

Wondering how we got this far, (how we got this far...)

They left us alone,

The kids in the dark,

To burn out forever,

Or light up a spark,

We come together,

State of the art,

We'll never surrender,

The kids in the dark,

So let the world sing,

"What a shame,

What a shame,

Beautiful scars

On critical veins, "

Come together,

State of the art,