twenty-seven

Noelle

"Stop moving," I groan and hold him tighter.

"Noelle, come on – we need to get up." Damien chuckles, and I swat his arm.

"I'm sleeping. Do whatever you want, but let me sleep."

"Baby," he reaches up to caress my cheek. "I can't."

I pull back a little and look down at him.

"Well," he points at my body lying on top of his and at our tangled legs.

"Hmpf," I lie down again and bury my face in the crook of his neck. "Well, that's not my problem. I'm comfortable here, and I'm not going to move a single muscle."

"Well, then you'll have to come with me." He holds me around my waist and awkwardly tries to get up with me clinging onto him.

"No. No. NO. What are you doing? Please, let go of me." But he just laughs and walks straight into the bathroom.

"Damien, please don't do anything stupid. I'm begging you. Just let go of me."

"Uh oh, Baby. Not gonna happen. I think you desperately need a shower too."

"No, screw you." His grip around my waist tightens as he steps into the shower, with me still wearing his T-shirt.

"Damien Warren, I swear to God..." I get cut off by the ice-cold water hitting both of us. I gasp.

"I'm going to kill you. I-I-I will so kill you. Watch your back, Warren. I'm going to murder you in yo...," I stutter. Fuck, I'm freezing. "In your s-s-sleep."

"I'd like to see you try, honey bunny." He pushes his raven-black hair back and grins at me.

God, he's beautiful. I hate him. He leans in to peck my lips and then shuts off the water. "You wouldn't stand a chance against me." He presses me against the wall, and my breath hitches. He pushes his crotch into mine, and I moan. "Well, look at that." He kisses the corner of my mouth and laughs softly. My mouth falls agape, and I stare into his eyes.

Come on, kiss me.

I lean forward, trying to capture his lips, but all of a sudden, he lets go of me with a wicked grin on his face. Oh, that bast –. He steps out of the shower and starts to fill the bathtub with hot water.

Leaving me behind as a shivering and angry mess. I stare at him and pout and begin to rub my arms.

"Oh, come here and get in the tub." He has his back to me, giving me the opportunity to drink in every inch of his glorious skin, and I can't help but smile.

He turns to face me and catches me staring.

"Don't look so smug. I'm only going to get in because I'm freezing, not because you told me to."

Not looking at him, I pull the wet shirt over my head and walk past him to get into the tub.

"Okay, Baby. Whatever you say." A small smile plays around his lips as he joins me in the tub.

I scoot closer to him and rest my head on his shoulder. "You're going to pay for this." I yawn.

"I don't think so."

"Whatever." I reach for his hand and kiss the back of it. "I love you, Damien. Even though you piss me off."

"And I love you. Even though you're a pain in the ass." I grin, and as I push my wet hair back, I see it – And I remember what happened last night.

My ring. He really did ask me to marry him. "We're getting married." I softly say, with my lips trembling.

"Oh, we are," he says and rests his hands on my knees, squeezing them lightly. "But for now..." He lets his hands glide down my thighs. "I think we should get to know each other a little bit more. Starting. Right. Here." He cups my sex.