thirty-two

Noelle

"He did not!" Finn exclaims after he puts his glass back down. Damien and I are out with him and Ben, and even though I begged him not to, he told them what happened last night.

"Yes, and then he took his phone out and pretended to take pictures. Noelle lost it completely. She screamed and cursed, and I really thought she was going to kill him." He sounds so damn happy. I wish I could wipe that damn smile off his face.

"I don't get why you want everyone to know. It's fucking embarrassing," I grumble, and he just chuckles and pulls me closer to his side.

"Baby, that's a great story, and you were the one who couldn't wait until we're at home, so now you have to deal with it."

"You know what? Maybe I should start thinking about only having sex with my vibrator. It doesn't have such a big mouth."

He lowers his voice so Finn and Ben can't hear what he's about to say. "I'd like that very much. But just so you know: I'll watch."

"You're such a kinky bastard."

"And you love that."

"Hmpf, you wish."

"You two know that we're still here, right?" Ben says and puts his arm around Finn.

"Think of it as payback for all the things I had to witness from you two."

"Ouch," Finn laughs, and I blow him a raspberry.

After being a terrible friend to him in the first few weeks of my relationship with Damien, things with him have gotten back to normal. We see each other whenever we can. And because he, Ben, and Damien get along really well, I don't even have to choose between my best friend and my boyfriend.

We just have double dates. "I—" Finn begins and looks at Ben for comfort. "We've bought a house," he quickly finishes.

"What? Wow. I— um. Okay, that's so great, but why are you looking so scared?

"Ah, congrats," Damien chimes in.

"Thanks, guys," Finn and Ben say in unison. "And— I don't know. I guess we've had our apartment for so long—first you moved out, and now... We're going to lose it completely. Maybe I'm just scared that we're never going to see each other again."

"Aw, Finn." I lean forward to kiss his cheek.  You'll always be my best friend. I'll always want to meet up with you. That won't change just because we're not living together anymore."

"I know, I'm sorry." He chuckles, clearly feeling uncomfortable.

"I promise, nothing will change." I yawn.

"Hey, are you tired?" Damien asks me, and I turn to look at him.

"It's only 10 pm. We don't have to go already. I'm good."

"Don't get me wrong, but you don't look good. You look tired, and you have to drive since I had something to drink."

"Shit, right... the car. We can't leave it and take a cab, right?

 "I don't think so, Baby." He kisses my temple and looks over to our friends. "We're leaving. I hope that's okay with you two?" he says to Finn and Ben.

But the two of them are very busy staring at each other. Months ago, I would have thought it was annoying to see how much they love each other – but now? I grin and grab Damien's hand. "Believe me, they're perfectly fine with it."

"I'm so tired. I'm so tired," I sing to keep myself awake. "Noelle," he growls. "Stop singing and drive. Oh shit." Damien next to me apparently doesn't like the way I drive, and I feel kinda offended.