twenty-four

Noelle

"Get that box." I feel like I've just run a marathon. Fuck, this day is exhausting.

 Since when do I have so much stuff? So, so, so much. And my clothes? For a woman who never knows what she should wear, for a woman who always says, "I don't have anything to wear," I sure as hell have a shitload of clothes.

"What box?" He almost falls as he tries to make his way through the stacked boxes in his living room. "This one." I point at the box next to me while I'm sprawled out on his huge couch.

He lifts his shirt up to wipe the sweat off his face. Those abs. Good God. He cocks his head. "Seriously? The box is right next to you. Get it yourself and put it wherever it belongs."

"But... But you're the man. You're stronger than me, and look at your abs and then at mine." I lift my shirt up and poke my soft tummy. "See. No muscles." I pout. "I'm so small and weak, and I just can't lift one more box. I'll die if I do."

"Woah, a little dramatic, aren't we?" He chuckles and lets himself fall on the couch next to me.

I grunt. "Everything hurts. Every muscle in my body hurts. Jesus, I didn't even know I had that many. My bum? Hurts. My legs? Hurt. My big toe? It fucking hurts."

He pulls me closer to him and kisses my sweaty cheek. "You're so cute when you're being a whiny brat."

"I can't have sex with you tonight. I feel like someone sucked the life out of me."

"Ha, cute. As if you'd do anything but lie there." I swat his arm.

"This is so not true. I'm amazing in bed. I do more than lie there like a dead woman."

"Sure you do."

"You can't be serious. Take it back. Now." I turn around to look at him only to see the huge grin plastered on his face. "You live for this, right? You fucking love to annoy me. Unbelievable."

"What can I say? It brightens my day. Speaking of this day, I can't believe it took us the whole day to get all your stuff. Your apartment is so tiny, but you have so much stuff. It's like one of those clown cars. You know what I'm talking about? Like these really tiny cars where 10 clowns get out? Like magic."

"What on earth are you talking about?" I reach up to touch his forehead. "Do you have a fever?"

"Oh, shut up." He swats my hand away. "You know exactly what I'm talking about." I do, but what can I say? I really like to annoy him as well.

Damien

Noelle cuddles up closer to me and yawns. "Never ever will I do this again. Like, ever." I lift my head slightly and stare at her. "What?" she says innocently.

Is she joking? She has to be. "Noelle, for the past two hours, you've been sitting on the couch. You bossed me around while stuffing your face with ice cream. You haven't lifted a thing in hours. So tell me, why exactly are you exhausted?"

"I did not boss you around. I was organizing, planning where to put my stuff. That was a lot of work," I scoff. Yeah, right. "Just because I wasn't carrying anything doesn't mean..." I roll my eyes, and she smacks my arm. "Don't be an ass. I'm so much smaller than you. You're strong and big, and..." She lets her hand slide down my torso, and I hiss. "...and you can easily lift all these heavy boxes." She kisses my chest. Fuck. Keep going. "You wouldn't want me to get hurt, would you?" She kisses me again and lets her tongue dart out.