eleven

.

Noelle

"Noelle, what's wrong?"

"Tell me: Do you know Damien?"

Silence.

"I may or may not have done the PR for the opening." He finally admits. "Please, don't be mad."

"Are you freaking serious? You lied to me! Well, not really but you didn't tell me that you know Damien! What the actual fuck, Finn? When I talked about him... Why didn't you say anything? You could have... Like helped me out a little? Since you know him you could have told me what he is like and ... Well, just anything...? But no... You just pretended that you don't have a clue who he is."

"Woah, there! I would've told you if he'd been a dick. So yeah, I know him and I like him. I thought he'd be good for you and I didn't tell you anything because... Well, because I didn't want to influence you or anything... You told me about him and I immediately knew that you liked him, but you needed to go for it on your own... I know you Noni, if I'd told you how great he was you would've shot me down immediately. You never listen to me when I tell you about a nice guy. Think back. How many times have you just not liked a guy because I tried to set you up with him."

Good point. Shit.

I take a few calming breaths.

Should I be mad at Finn for not telling me he knew Damien? For acting like he never heard of him? Actually, when I think about it, he did do me a huge favor. 

If he'd told me about him and said what a good guy he is... I wouldn't have listened to him.

Last night would have never happened.

"Fuck. Ok, you're right. You would've screwed everything up by telling me."
I make my way to my bathroom to prepare the bubble bath I so desperately need right now.
"Noelle, I'm sorry. I really thought I was doing the right thing. I would never hurt you. I just knew that you two would hit it off... I wanted you two to have a chance without me screwing it up by talking to you about it."

"Okay." I sigh.

"Are you mad?"

I take a deep breath. "No, Finn. I'm not. I just wish I knew that you wanted to play matchmaker. Again." He laughs. "I really am sorry. I just... When I talked about you – and I mean just mentioned you and stuff. I just knew that you two... I just knew that you would be amazing together."

"You planned all of this, didn't you? You sneaky little shit."

That causes him to laugh even more. "I didn't know what else to do."

"Yeah, because introducing us would be such a strange and uncommon thing to do."

"Say what you want, but it worked didn't it? I am a genius, don't even try to deny it."

He is right. I am somehow really thankful that he always has his nose in my business.

"You're unbelievable."

"And you love me!" I roll my eyes. "Okay, so now tell me what happened yesterday. I want to hear every dirty little detail."

So that's what I do.

After ending the call, I can finally relax in my bathtub. That was one intense weekend.
I loved every second I've spent with him. He makes me laugh until my stomach hurts. He makes me feel beautiful, adored and wanted.