twenty-five

Noelle

You know, living together is not as easy as I thought. I thought I understood what it meant to live with a man, but living with the man you love and are in a relationship with is an entirely different experience.

"Noelle, for God's sake. Are you serious?" I look up and take another spoonful of ice cream into my mouth.

"What?" I reply with my mouth still full.

He holds up my bra with his pinky finger and glares at me .

I shrug. "Yeah, that's my bra."

"Guess where I found it?" I shrug again. What's his problem? "In the fridge. Noelle, I found your bra in the fridge. Can you please explain that to me?"

"Oh, right – that's where I put it. I was hot, so I wanted to cool it down - just put it back, please!." I look back down at the book in my lap and continue reading.

"Noelle." He growls. "I love you, but you're so messy it's not even funny anymore." My eyes snap up to him.

"Excuse me? Just because my stupid bra was in there? Damn, calm down." Now I'm getting annoyed.

"All I do is clean up after you." I gasp.

"Are you kidding me? That's not true! You know what? Screw you." I get up.

Whoa, that little jerk – He tries to follow me. "Don't you dare come near me right now." He chews on his lower lip and decides to sit down on the edge of the couch. Good decision.

"Look, I'm sorry, but come on, you need to understand me a little bit." I raise my eyebrow and stare at him.

"I don't have to. You're an asshole, and I don't need to know more."

"Come on, Noelle – you're overreacting. I'm simply asking you to... Wait... Are you on your period?" That's it.

I look around to find something really heavy. Ah, my book – 500 pages. Perfect. And I throw it at him. He ducks, and... Damn. I missed him. "You sexist asshole. I'm not on my fucking period! And if you ever say something like that again, I'll make sure that the next book I throw won't miss your stupid head." And he just laughs.

He honestly has the nerve to laugh. I'm going to kill him.

"You're so crazy, and I fucking love you." He's shaking with laughter now .

"I hate you so much. I'm going to sleep in the guest room. This isn't over yet, but I'm tired, and I don't want to go to jail. Goodnight." I turn to leave, and I can still hear him laughing as I let myself fall onto the bed. How many years would I get? Maybe I could make it look like an accident?

"I love you! Sweet dreams, Baby!" he screams. And I glare into the darkness.

"And I hate you!" I scream back.

"No, you don't. You love me." I snort. Nope. "I love it when you make those little snorting noises. My very own Miss Piggy."

I jump out of bed, grab a pillow, and storm back into the living room. I climb on top of him and hit him as hard as I can.

"You stupid, stupid man." I hit him. "Miss Piggy?" I hit him again, and he just laughs. I try to get up, but he holds me back. "I can't believe you." I groan, trying to wriggle out of his tight grip.

"Stay," he pleads and pouts his lips. "No, I hate you." But I'm too tired, so after a few attempts to break free, I give up. "You annoy me so much," I mumble and cuddle closer to him. "Mmh, I know."