eight

Damien

Seeing her struggle with her feelings for me and her past is agonizing.

She believes that exposing herself in front of me, revealing her true thoughts, is a weakness. But she's the strongest woman I've ever encountered.

And it only intensifies my feelings for her.

I told her I can't promise to stay, but that was a lie. If I were being honest, I'd tell her everything. That I won't leave her, that the mere thought of it would devastate me. That I could never inflict harm upon her.

But it's too early for such declarations. I understand that.

Yet, the truth remains that she already possesses a part of me.

The longer I know her... The more facets of her I uncover, the deeper I plunge into my affection for her.

She's the most captivating woman I've ever met, yet she undermines herself...

I lift her from the table and carry her to her couch. I sit down and let her straddle me.

She reclines and gazes at me.

She is breathtakingly beautiful. I brush her hair behind her ears and kiss her, unable to resist the taste of her. She's addictive.

But they are just brief, innocent kisses. If I were to kiss her now as I truly desire, we'd be naked within seconds. I can't subject her to that.

I need to show her that my feelings for her are genuine and that it's not solely about sex.

Even though I desire her in every conceivable way, I simply can't act on it. Not today.

Exerting all my willpower, I resist the temptation to make love to her right then and there on the table.

The mere thought of tasting her, touching her, feeling her... It conjures images of her nipples stiffening under my touch and her soft moans, and it arouses me once more.

Damn!

Unable to restrain myself, my hands slip under her shirt, grazing her waist and caressing her velvety skin.

She feels incredible.

"We won't take it any further," I assure her. "Not tonight, at least." I wink, and she responds with a mix of laughter and moaning.

That sound!

God, giveme strength.

I lift her up and position her beside me, creating a slight distance between us.

"Just to be cautious."

I rub my face with my hands, attempting to shake off the almost agonizing desire for her.

She laughs, that teasing vixen. She has no idea how much restraint it takes not to pounce on her right now.

I grab the remote control and switch on the TV.

"Really? You want to watch TV?"

And true to her mischievous nature, she leans into me, pressing her enticing body against mine.

Ah, to hell with it.

I smile to myself and embrace her even tighter with one arm.

I can think of a hundred more pleasurable things I could do to her at this moment, but witnessing her happiness and contentment while snuggled against me—it's perfect. Absolutely perfect.

In this very moment, I realize it's not solely about physical closeness, about bare bodies pressing against each other.

What we share goes beyond that. It's so much more.