Epilogue

You'll Be Okay - Great Big World

Brooklyn's POV

I looked down upon the ground and watched as tear drops slid from my face and hit the freshly covered dirt where I stood.

My fist's were clenched and I could feel myself slightly shake from the cold that came out of nowhere.

I wrapped my arm's around myself and let the tears flow down my cheeks steadily not bothering to wipe them away.

It has been a month and a half since the war and everything is perfectly peachy.

What has been damaged was fixed. Most of everybody's pain has dissipated. The three world's of Vamp's, Were's and Angel's are doing better with the new ruler's. Petrova awoke from the coma she was in several week's ago and her and her mate's are going stronger than ever.

Everybody is so Happy-Go-Fucken-Lucky.

The world's are safe and sound leaving people jolly off their ass. Not a care in the world. No struggle's.

I clenched my jaw grinding my teeth together and growled out the more I thought about everything.

Why?

Why me?

Why can I not be like everybody else right now celebrating for all of the good time's to come?

I raised a hand to my mouth as a sob tried to escape. I dropped to my knee's and ran a hand through my hair.

I looked up through blurry eye's at the saying that break's my heart every time I see it.

'May he rest in Peace. He was beloved in life. A loving mate, tender and kind. His joy was in serving other's. His friendship was an inspiration and love a blessing. His mission on this planet fulfilled. No man is indispensable but some are irreplaceable. He was a hero. To know him was to love him. He lives with us in memory and will for evermore. Here lye's James Borro. A good man who shall always be in our heart's.'

I stared at his black headstone with the white word's that tear at my heart, thinking of how unfair life can be.

The only man that I will ever love was taken from me while standing up for the world he love's.

The last memory I have of him is when the unexpected fight happened and they were calling everyone in.

They called my James to come and fight and I was in tears while holding him to me being selfish in trying to prevent him from going. I wanted him to stay with me so that nothing could happen to him. At the time he pulled back and held my head in his hand's looking me in the eye's and brushing my tears away. He then gave me a small smile.

"I have to do this beautiful. I have to do what's right and that's going out there and fighting with all I am against the evil that is trying to destroy all of what we are. Please understand that I will do all that I can to come back to you but if I end up failing know this."

He leant down and gave me a gentle and loving kiss and then pulled back slightly.

"I will always love you. From now to the after life you will always be my one and only love. If I don't make it back please don't do anything rash. In the time where you are missing me and feeling alone and thinking nobody cares just remember, Once there Was Us and there will always be an us."

He kissed me again and then hugged me letting me sob into his shoulder.

After a little bit he let go and walked to the door before looking back at me over his shoulder and smiled one last time before walking out the door leaving me to fall in a heap on the floor crying and begging him to not go even though I knew he couldn't hear me and it was too late.

I came out of the memory when I felt a raindrop fall onto my hand.

I would have thought It was one of my tears if I hadn't looked up to the sky to see dark clouds rolling across the sky and blocking out the sun.

I let out a breath and slowly got to my feet brushing the dirt off not wanting to be here to get drenched in ice cold rain.

I looked back to my love's grave stone praying that he is in a better place where we will all meet up again one day.

I reached over and rested my hand on the top and looked back up to the sky.

There is one thing that I can thank God for and that's for letting me get to keep a piece of my James.

I looked down at my stomach and rested my hand on the bump that is subtly growing. I let a small smile slip onto my lips as I slightly rubbed it.

"Once There Was Us" I whispered quietly into the wind that came to give off a last warning for the rain to come.

I turned from the grave and began heading out of the cemetery.

I looked back at the grave and smiled one last sad smile before turning and walking through the gate's leaving with a silent farewell of 'I'll see you soon.'

! ! ! THE END ! ! !

VOTE

COMMENT

Follow

SHARE

Please and Thank You <3