Epilogue

~A Few Years Later~

I have finally finished my degree in designing and have graduated last week, I couldn't have been more happy, all the hard work I put in have finally paid off.

I came back a day early than everyone was expecting me because I wanted to surprise Dominique. But most importantly we needed a talk. For the last few years, Dominique and I try to see each other as much as possible, but it isn't always possible. I don't want to hide it from him anymore, he deserves to know. I can't bear this feeling anymore, this sense of guilt. I've got to tell him, the sin I've committed.

I called a cab outside the airport to Dominique's apartment that he brought two years ago, located in the centre of the city. The cab journey there was quite long and I was petrified of how he's going to react, I rehearsed over and over again in my head how I should break it to him. I couldn't settle down.

When I finally reached his building, I let myself in as he gave me the security code and key the last time he came to visit me.  As I opened the door, my eyes were blinded by the sun that was beaming through the glass window. Dominique's apartment was very spacious, it's more like a penthouse.

Knowing that he's not home until a few more hours, I gave myself a little tour around to see if any things changed. When I entered his bedroom, he had a picture of the two of us last Christmas on his bedside table, it just made me feel more guilty about doing this to him, but I have to. He even kept my toothbrush out, even though I only come back on big holidays.

"I'm a terrible person." I sighed.

****

 I could hear the lift doors open and footsteps walking towards the door. The moment have finally came. I heard his keys rattle before he unlocked it; I could feel my palms getting clammy.

"Huh? Why are there suitcases here?" He asked himself as he came in.

"Hey..." I smiled gently at him as he turned to the sound of my voice.

"OH FUCK ME!" He shouted. "You scared the shit out of me!"

"Haha, sorry..." I apologised.

"What are you doing here? I thought you weren't going to be back until tomorrow night." Dominique hugged me tightly around his arms as he buried his face in the crook of my neck. 

"Thought I'd give you a surprise." I replied as I hugged him gently.

"I missed you so much, I missed your voice, you face, your scent. Everything." He mumbled just enough for me to understand him.

"I missed you too." I replied before pushing him away gently. "But I have something to tell you. We need to talk."

"Talk? What about?" He asked, his expression slightly worried.

"Erm, take a seat first." I suggested and we both sat down.

"Sebastian, what's wrong? You're scaring me."

"I'm sorry Dominique, I'm a horrible person." I began.

"Why are you a horrible person? What happened?" He grabbed my upper arms.

"When I was in France...I...I didn't know how it happened!" I began to stutter. "I never intended for it to happen!"

"Sebastian, tell me right now what happened." Dominique's voice was deeper and sounded serious.

"I'm sorry Dominique...but I....I..." I couldn't get the words out.

"Just tell me!" He demanded.