Wallowing In Self-Pity.

Carlo

Yesterday was hectic.

The cops came and questioned the people involved, meaning Es and Alex had a lot of talking to do. And throughout said day, Es ignored me. I didn't mind. I wanted him to cool off because after thinking it over, I realized that Es was the person wrong.

Not me.

If I saw him today, I was going to tell him I definitely did not have feeling for him. That what I said that day was a force of habit. At least then, he wouldn't be so hesitant to talk to me and I wouldn't feel weird. 

    MK's dad, Mr. King, A.K.A camp manager made an announcement on the stage early this morning and cancelled the volunteer rule which meant no one was allowed to leave the camp at all. He even doubled security around the camp and not just in the girl's dorm.

I was outside eating Lunch with Jacob and Dave who blatantly ignored me and were all lovey-dovey at each other. I didn't mind watching them because they were cute. It was unlike watching any of Es' relationship which was solely based on sex. Popping a fry into my mouth, I wondered if Es and I would ever do something like this...if we ever date....

    My eyes caught a whisk of black hair and I perked up when I saw Es' leather jacket. He was standing by the notice board, probably reading the new strict rule Mr. King had put up. I took it as my chance to tell him so I gulped down the last of my drink and ran up to him before he turned to leave.

The moment he turned, I was in front of him blocking his way. I smiled when I saw him frowning then said, "Hey."

"What do you want?" He asked coldly.

"Apologize." I continued when he shifted on his feet but made no move to push pass me, "I am so sorry for the way I acted when we left the motel. I'm not exactly the best at comforting and I was scared that he might have done something to you. Then I saw you crying and I got really scared."

He gave me a dull look as if he wasn't impressed by my apology and I added, "I know you hate when people see you vulnerable and I know you hate me because I saw you like that. I am sorry."

Es licked his lips and stared at me with blank eyes. I couldn't read them but they were so empty, it scared me. I ran a hand through my hair, exasperated. "If you don't forgive me, it's fine. Please, just talk to me." I was practically begging him with my eyes.

Es sighed and moved his hand from the pocket of his jacket. He caught my hand that was nervously scratching my head and his gaze softened, "You idiota, you are not supposed to be the one apologizing. I am."

"What?"

He let go of me and returned his hand back to his pockets and continued, "I got pissed off that you saw me crying. In fact, I got pissed off I fell for Preston traps and that I actually liked Preston. There were a ton of things I got pissed off over; some concerns you but majority is my fucked up personality. I'm sorry I've been a bitch to you. I'm sorry I didn't listen to you and I'm sorry I yelled at you when you told me your feelings."

"My feelings...?" My eyes widened and I sputtered words that didn't make sense but I managed to say, "No, d-don't get the wrong idea. I only said it because I wanted you to know that I was watching out for you. L-like a brother...yeah, I love you like a brother Es. If anything had happened to you, I would feel responsible."

The minute those word came out of me, I regretted them. I didn't miss the hurt in Es's eyes and he didn't even try to hide them from me. He opened his mouth to say something but it closed back in to a thin line then he smiled.