It Had To.

Carlo

It's been two days since the scavenger hunt and since they had gotten the teams, everyone has been practicing for whatever they signed up for. My date with Birdie was just around the corner and I was desperately asking Escalante for tips. I know, I said I wasn't going to depend on him but he was smooth and I need smooth right now to get Birdie.

"It's like Petunia. Take her after the practice to your room and I'm sure you've got it from there. Don't sweat over it, she won't be any different." He ruffled my hair like I was his child then sudden froze, jerking his hand away from my hair.

I wanted to question why he was acting like that but I saw his face slowly turn red and he was gripping on the table like his life depended on it. My eyes trailing slowly down, I found the reason why he acting like that and I took a mental note to wash my eyes after lunch was over.

I still couldn't bring myself to believe I saw Preston jerking him through his shorts, right in front of everyone. Alex was even on the table which should have made Preston keep his hands to himself but nope, he had to be touching my best friend right beside me.

A soft moan escaped Es and he had to cover it up by clearing his throat and fondling with his phone. He managed to lift his phone but it fell from his hands, drawing everyone's attention on the table. He gave them all a breathy laugh then suddenly sucked in a breath and said, whipping his head to Preston, "Why did you stop?"

      Preston laughed then cupped his face in his hands and said, "If I didn't, it would be hard for you to leave the cafeteria."

Everyone ignored them again except Alex who stared angrily at Preston and as if Preston didn't care whether he was looking or not, he kissed Es right in front of him.

I watched Alex face turn into one of extreme disgust and he slammed his hand on the table, interrupting their make out session. Preston looked up and glared at him but Alex responded with his own deadly glare saying, "What the fuck are you doing with him?"

"Cant someone have a boyfriend in peace? You have one."

"I thought you were straight."

"I was until someone made him my roommate." He pointed at Es who hadn't stop glaring at Alex, "Trust me. It's hard to keep my hands off him." He smirked at him then pulled Es into a kiss again making Alex go really mad.

"You know what Escalante? Fine. Have him. Do with him whatever you want. I am done." I was so sure Alex would have just sulked back in his seat but Es had to go all the way to flick him the finger while still kissing Preston, earning a dramatic exit from him.

It looked like this whole thing had been going on for quite a while because Val, Jacob and Dave just gave a weary sigh and continued what they were doing.

      I, on the other hand, became more curious and followed him with quick stride because god, his legs were long. "Why are you so mad at him?" I asked, after falling right behind him.

"Isnt it obvious? I don't like Preston." He scoffed, not even slowing down his pace.

"But Es happen to like him. Is there something I should know about Preston?" Maybe I wasn't just curious for Alex sake but for mine too because if Preston turns out to be fucked up, I can have my Es back.

Alex came to a halt then turned to me and I perked up when he open his mouth to speak. "I know Es and I aren't friends like you are to him but can't he at least listen to me when I say Preston was bad news?"

I wasn't expecting that response at all so it made me frown. Es hadn't been a good friend to me who just happened to be his best friend but Alex was expecting some kind of special treatment from him? I was so done right now.