Best Way To Start.

Carlo

    By the time dinner was over, everyone was skipping over to the hall for the party. The only people around me were Es, Preston, and the other four that joined our table. We were in Cabin 14 and it turns out to be Val, Alex and Dave's cabin also. Jacob was in the same cabin with me and stood beside me as we gathered around.

Val called for all the gays in the cabin to come together and soon five others joined. Honestly, this was the first time I've been in a room full of gays. And this was saying something since my best friend happened to be gay.

I could obviously see the excitement steaming out of him but I expected him to be more excited than he was. Then my eyes trailed in the direction he was looking at and I knew why he wasn't as excited as he should be.

The one boy that I knew could put my relationship with Es on a shaky place happens to 'swing the other way.' This wasn't new because Es had made it his duty in life to get what and who ever he wanted. Be you straight, gay, bi or a goat. I could only guess the reason why he was disappointed was because he thought it would be an easy win.

Who knows?

"Carlo. Carlo!" I heard someone shout my name but before I could turn and answer the person, Es smacked me on my head receiving a sharp glare from me.

"What?" he shrugged. "They were asking you a question."

I looked at the main speaker who was Val and rose a brow at him. Val gave me the same stubborn look and I gasped quietly, realizing I had just stood up for myself which is something I almost never do.

Val smirked at me and asked, "Carlo right?"

I practically froze up in my seat when everyone glanced at me. Why? Why did I just have to freeze up at the important parts especially when my mouth was the one that kept me in trouble in the first place?

"Val, just continue. You can torture the boy later, after the party." I expected Es to help me out but he wasn't even looking at me or even made any effort. It was the boy that Es called a non-Adonis that saved me.

I looked down at him from where he had gone to sit on the coffee table and he nodded at me.

Val scoffed and continued, "I was saying, we should do what we did last two years."

Preston was about to say something but Alex stopped him saying, "Now, now pussy licker, let him finish. You weren't here last two years."

Preston glared at him but Alex just shrugged it off like it didn't affect him. Something definitely happened between the both of them.

"I thought if you verbally abuse someone, you get a strike." Es said from beside me. We were now seated on the couch and he had his hands clasped together on his lap as he gave Alex his serious look.

Alex frowned at him and slowly tucked a few strands of his black hair behind his ear before he said, "I can insult him as much as I want. You just shut your goddamn mouth, okay?"

"I can report-"

"Then do it." He deadpanned and the house fell quiet.

    This only proved that something really happened between them but if anything did, it must have been bad because it was able to silence everyone.

Preston sighed then stood up from his seat, "I'm going to the party. I doubt the announcement would involve me anyways."

"You don't need to-" I had to stop Es from spouting another nonsense from his mouth. I covered it with my hand and said to him when he looked at us, "We'll just see you at the party."