Mom Again

Is something wrong with me, or do people just like to hug me? Random hobos who eventually turn out to be my dad. And this chick, who just happened to my mom.

"Olivia! It's been so long!" She said casually. 

She's actually acting like I'm her College buddy. 

"Hi, mother." I said annoyingly. She pulled back still leaving her hands on my shoulders.

"What's wrong?" 

"Well I kind of didn't expect to meet my mom after all this shit that's been happening," I say.

"Olivia, language."

I ignored it. 

"---and then you say it's been so long?" 

She gave me a stern face. 

"Olivia you will not talk to me in that tone." She said seriously.

"Why do you care!? You're not my mom anymore!" I snapped. 

There was an awkward silence. 

"Why are you here?" She asks breaking it.

"I could ask you the same thing." I respond. I know she hates when I answer like that. 

"Take a seat." She ordered. "When I left you and your father, I decided because of my loss of you guys, I wasn't going to lose my life. My job."

"But you decided to lose me!" I shouted. She remained calm.

"I didn't want to leave you. Your father, wanted you to stay with him because at that time I was an alcoholic." 

Silence.

"He said that I wasn't a right influential figure for you. He wanted absolute full invisible custody of you." 

"Invisible custody?" I asked.

"When legally we both are guardians of you, but he has full custody. Because we didn't have enough money to file a divorce." 

"So you just left?" I ask.

"You must of forgot what actually happened." She said straightening her pencils. "I cried over you. I cried that I couldn't be with you anymore. Your dad literally kicked me out." 

Not a lot of speaking going on.

"Okay, Mrs. Daniels." I said. "I forgive you for what you did, but why didn't you come back?" 

"I did try." She said firmly. "Listen. I want you to realize I have a new life, a new family." She turned a photo of a man and two children. 

"Oh." 

"I'm sorry but I moved on, and so should you." She said assuringly. "So why are you here?"

"Well you know that case that was closed 8 months ago? The fire at the house, and daughter killing father thing?" I said. "That was me." 

Her mouth went to an "O". I thought she was suprised but something else came after.

"Okay, and?" 

"I didn't kill Dad. But I did live homeless for awhile." I continue. "It was hard for me until dad showed up again. He said how he was looking for me. And he said we needed money. I didn't have a job." 

She nodded.

"And he made me ... with a guy to get money." I stutter. 

"How much?" She said slowly and sarcasticly. 

Wow.

"Ten thousand dollars." I say. 

She whistled.

"How dare he? Your worth way more than that!" She said nicely.

"It's not time for You-Amazing-Just-The-Way-You-Are- moment." I say annoyingly. "He left me the next morning with 50 dollars."It was just enough to pay for a cab." 

"Okay, I understand the dilema." She said. "I'll help you as much as I can. And I'll open a case for you. But right after this." 

She walked towards me and pulled out handcuffs. She clipped them on my wrists. 

+++++++++++++++++++++

Did you hear about the whole each genre has a rating? I was #90 on action, but that silly number always changes. Thanks for the support though. I really don't like cliffhangers so I left this kind of cliffy but not really. {: Tell me what you think, tell me when you want me to upload. 

TANKWOO. 

-Kellyourscour