Murderer Again

"I didn't catch your name." Kiki said politley.

"Olivia."  I said.

"I'm gonna call you Olive." She said. I had no problem with it.

"Okay." 

"This is where the teenagers sleep." Kiki said. She was giving me the full tour. It was appalling. I saw a couple making out in a corner. "Some relationships happen."

I don't bother to stare.

"So, we have a special room just for me, and some others." She says opening a small door to enter a room with cool stuff in it. But otherwise, it was empty. "We keep all the kids together." 

"It's cool." I say. "I've always wanted to have a clubhouse." 

Kiki turned to me with an annoyed face.

"Listen." Kiki said seriously. "You may of been rich before but now, this is what we made for ourselves. You'll learn soon. Any questions?" 

"Where do you guys get the money to eat, to get sleeping bags?" I ask.

"Well that's what I'm going to show you." Kiki said. She just walked away. I guess I was supposed to follow her.

We ventured out into the streets. 

The sun was almost set but it was still light enough to walk around in New York.

"We should hurry it's almost time for the workers to come back." Kiki said speeding up her step.

I followed her for awhile as she told me what was what and where were they.

We then arrived to Central Park, where a little boy was sitting on the edge of a fountain and playing his guitar.

"This is Chad." She gestured. "He's one of the most talented people we have." 

I saw a guitar case being filled with money. Dollar bills mostly. 

"That's how we get it." Kiki exclaimed.

"Let's get home." I said. 

"Why?" Kiki replied with a worried face. 

I saw a couple of people stare at me. I looked up. On a big screen there was a picture of me. 

"That's why." I said pointing nonchalantly. 

There was a picture of me with a caption saying "Murderer". 

"Let's go." Kiki said running. I ran quicker. 

Behind us a man pointed at me and said: "That's her!" He picked up his cellphone.

That was the last time I looked back. 

I've never ran so fast. My legs felt as if I was running on water. And if I stopped I'd sink in.

Kiki ran around a corner and opened the wear house doors. We took a breather for a few seconds. 

"Why didn't you tell me you were a murderer!" Kiki screamed at me.

"I not! See," I explained everything that happened.

"Oh." Kiki sighed. "Let's stay under the radar until..." Her voice trailed off.

I know now. There is no exact time that I will be free, or get to be normal again. I miss my old life, but when I look at all these kids. I feel guilty.

I'm one of the people that me and my friends would shun. Because they aren't as wealthy as we are. 

I was wrong. Everything I've done is wrong. 

Kiki bent down to one of the kids and tucked him in with a blanket. She turned to me and smiled. 

This is how it's going to be. Homeless and on the run.