Burned Again

I walk with my head down. I should be ashamed. Dad's probably freaking out. 

I look up for a second. 

A crowd of people surrounded my driveway. I saw cameras, a firetruck and worse of all a burnt house. I walk faster towards it.

"Locals have said that this house was inhabited by a father with his daughter. The mother had left the family at an early time." The News Reporter said in her monotoned voice.

I whipped my head to see and hear another reporter.

"The house fire was supposedly caused by a man-made flame. There is no certainty of who did this, Police Chief Daniels is still trying to crack this mystery." She said. 

"That's a rap." The camera guy said.

The woman sighed in relief.

"Thank God. Now I can go get some excitement at the Casino." She said pulling out her hair pony.

"You said it." The camera guy said. 

What jerks.

"Do you know what the daughter looked like?" The male reporter asked a neighbor. He put the mic to his face.

Ralph Sheldon. 

"She had brown hair, green eyes, tanned skin. A vacation kind of look." He said confidently.

"Thank you. Police are considering that the daughter had started this fire." The reporter said looking deep into the camera. "The fire in which may have killed her own father." 

Killed her own father. Killed her own father. Killed her own father.

The words ringed through her mind like a church bell. 

"The body was not found, which is raising suspicion around the local Police Department." He said. "But there have been significent signs of death."

I wanted to blast out and confront these stupid reporters and tell them everything they assume is wrong. 

But I can't. 

If they stick with their plans, I'll be put into jail. They'll have even more to prove now too. 

I left the house at a late time. I come back after the fire, looking an absolute mess. 

I'm wanted.

I put my hood over my head and walk away silently. 

I thought I had something to run back to. But now, what I had before, which I thought was nothing, has really turned out to be nothing. 

And nobody.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So EPIC! Sorry, but I just had to have this happen. I hope you like, and please vote, fan, comment and tell friends! :)