Chapter 9: THE DAY

*Ashton's POV*

Just after leaving May's I decided to text her. Missing her already?!

To: May x

Hey, come meet my band tomorrow:)x

From: May x

Yay! Looking forward to it:D What if they don't like me?:ox

To: May x

They won't like you, they'll love you x

From: May x

I have to go, skyping, see you tomorrow morning:* x

To: May x

Have a nice evening baby x 

Was the baby too much?! I don't know, I've heard girls like being called baby, so I'll call May it, I wonder who she's skyping?!

I then descended through my front door, shutting it as I kicked off my shoes.

'Hey I'm home!' I shouted to my mum, we were a close family, She came from out of the kitchen.

'Hey! Where have you been?' She asked

'Round May's' I said, grinning.

'I like her' She replied, smiling.

'Good, because I'm going to ask her out friday night' I said, grinning even more.

'That's fantastic! Are you sure she want's a relationship though?' Mum asked, concerned

'Yeah, she definately does' I say, before then making my way up the stairs, towards my room. I was thinking of how I was going to ask May out, I need a strategy. 

I had a plan, I knew where she kept the spare key, under the pot in her back yard, so I would use that, go into her house and place small notes everywhere in her house. I would get Luke, Calum or Mike to take her somewhere while I was doing it, great idea Ash!

I then listened to music, making a playlist of songs I would play May while she was finding the clues. 

I chose:

He Is We - All About Us

Edwin McCain - I'll Be

Trey Songz - Dive In

All Time Low - A Daydream Away

Ed Sheeran - Firefly

Jason Mraz - I Wont Give Up

Cody Simpson - Be The One

One Direction - They Don't Know About Us

One Direction - Irresistible

(A/N- sorry to interupt;) I SUGGEST YOU ALL LISTEN TO THESE SONGS THEY'RE ALL SO CUTE OKAY)

 I then put the playlist on my ipod, before then driving to the shops, to get some supplys for friday. 

As I drove into the familiar supermarket not far from my house, I decided to go straight to the flowers. I asked a lady behind the counter whether she had rose petals, a lot of them. She gave me a bag, full of smaller packets, there must have been about 5000 individual petals in there. I then went to find candles, lots of them too, I found a 1000 pack of tea light candles, perfect. I then got lots of nibbles and sweets. I went and paid before making my way back to my house. 

I then hid the bags in the wardrobe before ringing Cal, the one who would distract May, although he didn't know it yet.

*beep beep*

'Hello?' I heard Cal's familiar voice say

'Hey it's Ash' I say

'Oh hey Ash!'

'Do you fancy doing me a massive favour?'

'Depends..'

'well, I really, really like this girl, May. I'm going to ask her out Friday and I wanted it to be really special, so I decided to like set up things in her house, i know it sounds weird at the moment but I know she'd love it and...'

'Okay mate! Don't panic, Cal is here, what do you need bro?'

'Do you reckon you could like take her somewhere so I could set it up?' I ask, hoping Cal would be okay with it

'Yeah sure, just tell me where to be' He said

'Great thankyou so much! I'll text you details...' 'oooh and also, you'll meet her tomorrow' I say

'Great! Can't wait! I'll see you then bro!' 

'Bye Cal!'

'Bye' 

I ended the call and lay back on my bed, relieved. I then got changed and fell asleep, planning what I would say to May.

***

The rest of the week went quickly, May got on really well with the boys, we all had a laugh. Today was Friday, THE day. I was already nervous. It was my last lesson of the day, I couldn't wait to get out and sort things out. 

*BRRIINGGGGG* finally, the bell to indicate the end of the day rung. I jumped out of my seat, stuffing my stuff in my bag and jogged to May's locker. I impatiently waited for her to arrive, she finally did, without saying anything I took her hand and took her out fo the school gates.

'Ash what are you doing?' She asked, sightly concerned about what was going on.

'I just have to do something, so I bought Cal to keep you company, meet me at yours at 5.00' I said, before kissing her cheek and running to my car. I had no time to talk, even though May seems kind of annoyed, she wouldn't be by tonight.

I then drove to May's house, parked on her drive and went into her back yard, I found the keys under the plant pot and let myself in. The distinct smell of May's house greeted me. Before I then unpacked my bag, bringing out all the stuff I had bought a few nights before. 

I started to write notes, prosuming May would come through the front door, the first note would read 'Follow the candles' I put that on the door mat, then lining candles in a path towards her kitchen. In here I would then write a note which said 'Not quite yet, follow the roses' This would be with the food I had bought, which I placed in bowls. I then scattered a path of roses towards the stairs. I then lead her into the bathroom. I placed perfume, a dress and some high heels on top of the cabinet and added a note 'Put these on, then follow the music' I decided I'd put my playlist and docking station in her room, where I would be waiting for her. All I needed to do now, was light the candles and shut all of the curtains. I had 15 minutes to do this, I quickly lit the path of candles then made my way upstairs to wait for May.

I played the music, loud enough so it could be heard through-out the house. I then heard the door open, my stomach flipped, with in those 15 minutes, I canged into a shirt and some smarter jeans.  I heard foot steps towards the kitchen, they stopped, then they slowly made their way up the stairs, into the bathroom. The light switched on in the bathroom, then footsteps stopped and I heard rummaging, she was changing. I then heard soft footsteps come towards the door, the light was off in here. The door slowly crept open to reveal May. She was wearing the dress I had bought her,  she looked absolutely stunning, it hugging her curves perfectly. 'I'll be' was playing on the playlist softly, I had turned it down whenever she got closer.

'May, I like you, a lot, will you go on a date with me?' I asked softly, making my way towards her, grabbing both of her hands in mine. She looked deeply into my eyes.

'Of course' She wispered before leaning in slowly, before I felt her soft lips on mine. Her arms wrapping round my neck, pulling me closer towards her as my hands lingered around her waist. She kissed me so passionately, like I've never felt anyone kiss before. She slowly pulled away, smiling at the ground, embarrassed

'This is all too much, It must have taken you hours' She said quietly

'Anything for you' I replied, before pecking her on the lips once more. 

I then took her hand and lead her downstairs, towards the car.