Chapter 1: Bloody Australia

*May's POV*

*Beep beep, beep beep*

I woke up to the sound of my annoying alarm clock ringing. Groaning, I turned over in my warm bed, and turned it off. Unfortunately I couldn't stay in bed for too long, as today was the day I was moving to Australia. Yes, bloody Australia, something stupid like 10,000 miles away from my home here in England. I love England, yes the weather is shit, but my friends are here and i've lived here all my life. But no, i have to move away because my mum got promoted.

Our flight was at a weird time, 2 o'clock in the morning to be precise. I pulled on some jogging bottoms carelessy knocking my wardrobe as i shuffled my leg into them. I then pulled a top over my head and then put my hair into a extreamily messy pony tail. It was safe to say that i looked, without a doubt completely rough. At this moment in time though, I couldn't care less. I grabbed my suitcase and hauled it downstairs my mum was waiting for me downstairs, sipping a cup of coffee before her long drive. 

After I had my own cup of very strong coffee, we both then made our way into our car. It was a tight squeeze as all of our belongings were packed everywhere within the small car. It was almost pitch black outside, before my mum then started the car. I just then realised that I had not said a word to my mum yet, neither of us being morning persons. I huffed slightly, as a kind of hello, then stuck my headphones in my ears, and played my music. It was about a 1 and a half hour drive to Heathrow, the airport, and it didn't seem too long before we arrived.

'Come on then sleepy head' My mum wispered as she parked the car in the car park. I groaned, for about the 50th time this morning and obliged, pushing myself out of the car. We then proceeded to get all of our suitcases out of the car, all of our other belongings were being picked up by the removal men and shipped over to Australia, hopefully they would arrive by the time we were there. 

We both walked slowly into the terminal as my mums hand brushed against mine. She grabbed it and squeezed it tightly as we made our way to the desk. My mum done all the check in stuff as I lifted my suitcase, with great struggle up to the baggage area. The smiley attendent then stapped a label around both of our bags that read 'Sydney, Australia'. 

'wanna get a starbucks?' My mum asked enthusiastically, such a white girl. 

'yeah why not' I say, smiling back, although it was kinda cliche, a white English girl from London going to Starbucks, I did love that place. 

We entered the coffee shop, the smell making me thirsty, coffee was my favourite smell and my favourite drink, I should really live in a coffee shop. 

'Hey yeah, can I have a large iced mocha please' I said to the smiley man behind the counter. I felt my belly rumble, thinking of the delicious drink I was about to have.

'Of course, could I have your name please?' He was very jolly for the time of the morning. 

'May' I replied, every single time they spelt my name wrong, how hard was it to spell? M-A-Y, My cup always came back with either 'Mae' or 'Mai', ITS SPELT LIKE THE MONTH HELP. 

This man though, spelt it correctly, I liked him.