Chapter 2: Heat & Jetlag

*May's POV*

I had to quickly drink my coffee before we then had to make our way to our boarding area (sorry i haven't been to an airport for years so i'm not very good with stuff like this but i hope you know what i mean). I then sat down on the uncomfortable metal chairs, actually getting quite excited about going on the plane.

After my mum and dad got divorced, me and my mum went on on or two holidays abroad each year, as a kind of comfort i suppose. I was only 3 when my parents broke up, so it was hard with my dad not being around, the holidays were a bonus i suppose.

Then recently, my mum had lost money, so we couldn't go on holidays, so i haven't been on a plane for six years, so i was certainly getting excited.

Although it was about half past one in the morning, i was wide awake, the jet lag was going to be horrible once we were in Australia.

I pulled out my phone, deciding to text my friends.

To:Molly

Hey i'm now getting on the plane, i'll skype you when i'm there, going to miss you loads!xxxxxxx

I knew she wouldn't answer but i'm sure she'd appreciate the text.

To:Toria

About to get on the plane! See you soon, miss you loads already!x

To the rest of my friends, i put mostly the same, before i then heard

'Could people travelling to Sydney, Australia please be ready to board the plane now' it was time!!

'Lets go then!' My mum said, obviously very excited. I followed her, grabbing my flying bag and then boarding the plane.

*About a day later (after a average flight)*

Wow, its hot. Of course, my mum decided to come when it was at the start of summer in Australia. Compared to England, this summer was so much nicer.

'I'm too hot already' i say to my mum while pulling of my jumper i had worn for the flight. I was also extreamily tired, getting next to no sleep on the plane.

'Lets get home, then we can go to bed' my mum smiled, obviously feeling the same way.

Although i didnt think Australia was a good idea, i was already starting to like this place.