Chapter 5: Decisions

*Ashton's POV*

I leaned into May's face, ready to kiss her. I licked my lips, as a kind of sign to May that I wanted to kiss her. She was beautiful, funny, intelligent, cute and just amazing, i already knew it. I felt her soft lips on mine, she wasn't kissing me back. WHAT WAS I DOING. I pulled back, with a puzzled look on my face. 

'I can't Ashton' She seemed upset

'why?' I needed to know, why didn't she like me back?

'I just can't, I like you Ashton, but its too soon' she replies, my face fell

'its okay, i'll wait for you' 

'I'm not ready Ash' I was confused

'I, um, I've never had a boyfriend'. She was blushing like mad, her eyes looking watery

'I'll look after you May, we can take it slow'

'i dont know' She bit the skin on her thumb, looking down into her lap. I lightly tilted her head up, so our eyes met.

'I really, really like you May, i'll be there for you' I wispered

*May's POV*

Ashton's so hard to resist. I like him, a heck of a lot, but I dont want him to be dissapointed. I know I wont be a good kisser, no doubt I had next to nothing in experience. I also, wouldn't jump into bed with him within the first month. I'm not saying Ash is like that, but I dont think he would be able to take it THAT slow. 

'Let's just be friends, get closer, then we'll see' I smiled, trying to make the situation a bit better. Ashton's face fell even more, it was heart breaking. I wish I could be with him, I really do, but i know he'd be disapointed.

'Okay, whatever you want' He smiled weakily, too cute. 

'Hey wanna come to mine friday night? Bring a onesie and we'll have a film night' I piped up, smiling widely.

'Sounds amazing' He smiled, obviously feeling a little happier about 'us'.

We then made our way back to my house slowly, Ashton insisted on walking me back. We held hands, looking like a couple, I dont know, i felt safe when Ashton held my hand. 

He pushed his glasses up his nose. I took them off and put them on.

'How do I look?' I smiled, knowing I did not suit glasses at all

'Stunning' He replied simply, he's so hard to resist. He then bought his phone out of his pocket and opened the camera so it was on the front.

'Smile' He said, I obliged and smiled at us both on the camera screen, this was, I had to admit, a extreamely cute picture. 

'New lock screen' He giggled

'Send it to me' I repiled, wanting it as mine too

I recieved the picture and set it as my lock screen

'I love it' I replied, he was still smiling at his phone.

'What are you so happy about?' I asked cheekily. He glanced up and looked into my eyes

'Just happy to know you, May' I giggled

'and the same to you' I replied

We then continued up the road towards my house. 

'Here we are' I said, pointing to my house. It wasn't anything special, just a house. 

We walked up the path towards my door. Ashton turned to face me, holding both my hands now.

'I'll pick you up tomorrow morning love' He said softly

'ooo carpooling' I winked, Ashton giggled, showing his dimples. 'I'll see you tomorrow Ash'

'Until then May' He smirked, kissing my cheek and making his way back up the path. I waved before heading into my house, shutting the door, the butterflies in my stomach still fluttering.