Chapter 34 | Before I Go To Breakfast

C H A P T E R  34

C H A P T E R 34

I get off of the bed and feel Gavin's eyes watch me as I stumble around the room to find my clothes. I grab my underwear and put them on after putting on Gavin's black t shirt. His heavenly scent was still lingering behind in it. I turn around and grab my notebook that is still laying in my empty trash bin. I dust it off and crawl onto the bed I sit facing Gavin and he looks at me with curious eyes.

"I want to show you this." I stare down at the book in my hands, I'm hesitant to show him because I've never showed anyone my drawings before. "It's what I use to draw in."

I hand it to him and he takes it in his hands before he lifts its open. "You did these?" His eyes don't leave the book and then I see his Adam's apple bob once he reaches the drawings I have of him.

"Yes, I hope this isn't weird, you just seemed perfect to draw." I say hoping he won't think I'm and actually crazy person. "You had these emotions that I wasn't able to capture with anyone else.

"There amazing." Gavin smiles. "I didn't think you knew much about art."

I laugh and brush back a loose strand of hair. "Art was the only thing keeping me sane well until you came along." I nudge him and he laughs lightly. "Do you draw?"

I can't help but remember all the books and that notebook I saw in his room last week.

"I used to, not so much anymore." Gavin tells me closing the book he hands it back to me. "It's nothing compared to yours I mean do you plan on doing that after high school?"

I shrug. "I haven't really thought about what I'm going to do."

"Who's your favorite artist?"

"Frida Kahlo, her portraits inspired me to try and make my own unique art, her style was so unique and it always seemed to represent her culture and-" I stop myself from rambling on. "What about you?"

"Edvard Munch no doubt about that. His art captured the real feelings of living people around him the suffering and love."

So he does know about art.

I take the notebook and put it back on my nightstand before Gavin pulls me into his arms once again.

"I never told anyone about us because I didn't want them to think I was just using you like I used Mia. It's different this time, really different." Gavin says.

"No more secrets." I say. "Do you promise me?"

Gavin nods his head. "No more secrets."

I feel guilty as I remember I should tell him about my surgery and that I need a donor but I didn't want to ruin this moment, so I don't. "Why do you go to Mabel's Diner when your unhappy?" I ask running my fingers through his hair.