Chapter 12 | Before I Am Verbally Abused

C H A P T E R  12

C H A P T E R  12

"You look, happy." My mom says smiling at me from the couch. I haven't moved from here for a while now that I think I've made an indent into the couch by now.

"Well Zach asked if I wanted to hang out and I replied with a yes." I tell her.

"That's great I'll just let you out on one condition." She says almost in a whisper. Was she trying to hide something from me?

"Yeah?" I nod. My mother keeping secrets from me wasn't new and I hated it.

"Gavin is coming over for a while." I watch her grab her bag and coat beside the door. My body shifts to face her with my mouth wide open.

"What? I thought that was over?" I groaned like a child. "Peytons coming over anyway to help me get ready for tonight."

"That's completely fine as long as there are no parties and you stay here." Her voice is more stern as she says that.

"Where are you going?" I queried.

"Well, I've met someone."

"Met someone? Like a boyfriend?"

She nods. "Something like that, he wanted to take me out for lunch."

"Oh well have fun I guess."

*knock* *knock*

I quickly turn back around to face the television when I see Gavin's figure appear in the doorway. I was still mad that he lied to my mother about me being drunk.

"Hello Gavin." I hear her greet.

"Hey Mrs Wood." His voice is deep and I hate that it sounds so darn attractive.

"Thank you for coming again, did you get the money I sent over?"

My head snaps over to look at the two of them. "You're paying him now!" I snap.

"Alex it was just a little money for the help." My mother sighs like she's embarrassed by me. I glare towards Gavin who is smirking at me. "I have to go, call me if you need anything."

There's that damn silence again.

"I see why you need a babysitter now."

I look up at him. "What?" Does he know?

"Because you're a little spoiled brat." I feel the couch sink further in as he collapses beside me.