Chapter 06 | Before I Became A Delinquent

C H A P T E R  06

C H A P T E R  06

My eyes shift around the room and I realize I'm back home. My mothers sitting at the edge of my bed reading a book. I don't know how long I've been out for but it was already daylight. I'm used to this or at least I should be by now because it happens so often.

The nerves in my body don't work very well so the receptors are just broken. Which means if I get a headache like I had, my body doesn't know how to respond and my organs all begin to fail. It's scary, every second of the day is just a guessing game for me.

"I'm glad your awake." She says kissing my forehead. "Get some rest."

I don't think there would ever be a possibility of my mom letting me out again. I get it though, it's dangerous.

"You should have seen what Beckham did to this kid in school today." Peyton laughs as she lays down, her head hanging over the bed as she tosses what seems to be a small ball into the air.

I stay quiet and continue drawing the mess of a room I have into my notebook.

"Ahem." She coughs. "Well don't you want to know?"

I look over and shake my head. "Sorry, I'm just-"

"You don't have to answer that, I'm glad your feeling a lot better though." Peyton says sitting up now. She gives me a weak smile and I just frown in return. I'll admit I wasn't the happiest person on earth, and at the moment I was the least. "Guess what, I got Ash to talk to Zach and he said he got his number for you."

"I'm listening." I said a smile starting to creep up my lips. Zach was different from a lot of guys, he was nice and attractive what more could you ask for?

"Give me your phone." She says holding her hand out. I hand it over and she starts typing something in. "When did you get Gavin's number?"

"When he decided to invite the whole school to my house." I groan in remembrance.

"Let's text him." I shake my head at that mischievous grin on her face.

"Peyton no." I say with a pointed look. "Bad idea!"

"Why not? Let's see if he answers." She makes her way over to my window and looks out. "He's home, his lights are on."

I grab a pillow beside me and plant my face into it. "Ugh!"

"What's up?" Peyton says. "Sent."

"He's never going to answer." I reply.

"Then there's no need to worry."

*buzz* *buzz*

We both stare at each other until I run over to her and look over her shoulder to see the text.

"Don't reply

"Don't reply." I said grabbing it from her. "Really? A winking face?"

She shrugs. "I think it got his attention."

I look out of my window to see Gavin standing at his window. Once he's sees me he waves smirking at me. I instantly close my curtains.

"Text Zach."

I give Peyton a blank look. "That's enough texting for one night."

*ring* *ring*

"He's calling me?" I say staring down at the lit screen. "What do I do?"

"Answer it!"

I shook my head. "Ugh."

"Hello?" I finally answer.

"I'm kinda feeling rejected. Why'd you close your curtains on me?" He says, his voice sounds so deep and raspy on the phone it makes me feel weird. "You should start finding a new babysitter if you keep up the attitude."

I scoffed. "Cambridge, I swear."

"Oh we're using last names now?" He chuckles, he's amused Alex of course the jerk is amused by this.

"I have to get ready for bed." I say starting to pace around my room. "Goodnight."

"Y'know if your curtains were open right now you'd see that there's a sale going on, one hundred percent clothes off."

I hang up.

"Good talk?"

I shake my head my lips formed into a thin line.

Friday came along leaving me alone at home once again. My mother strictly stated Gavin would be coming over later and that if we had another party we'd be in some serious trouble. I don't get why I can't just have my two best friends come and hang out with me instead of some stranger with bad habits.

I was sitting on the couch wrapped up in a cozy blanket talking to Peyton. "You sure you can't come over?" I asked again.

"You know I'd love to sit around watching The Vampire Diaries for the millionth time, but my mother—she found and old gram of weed in my room."

I start chuckling at the sudden burst of Peyton's mother yelling in the background. "I have to go." She adds. "Ttyl."

Theres a knock on the door. I groan to myself and sit up stomping my way over. I barely glance at the small window we have on are door to know for a fact that it was Gavin. The guy was way to tall to be my other friends. You literally have two Alex? Calm down.

I swing it open swallowing down my currently dry throat. Gavin stood there with his hair all messy looking. He lets himself in before I can even step away from the door. I try to ignore the fact that the most popular guy is in my house babysitting me, I stroll into the kitchen hearing his obnoxious steps following me.

"Can I ask why you need a babysitter again?" Gavin asks me leaning against the kitchen island as I look inside the fridge. My eyes light up as I see the fresh jar of pickles inside. After a very long talk with me mother I've convinced her to buy me them. She thinks food is a big factor when it comes to my health and tries to give me the healthiest things possible. I don't even know how long it's been since I've last had a burger.

"I don't." I reply trying my best to twist the cap of the jar off. I have no luck, Gavin watches me struggle and for a second I think he finds this entertaining until he snatches it from my hands. "Thanks." I say lowly as he twists it off with no struggle and hands it over.

I grab a slice and bite into it just as Gavin tries reaching for one I grab the jar and hold it against my chest. "Get your own pickles."

"Haven't you even heard, sharing is caring?" He says with a pointed look.

"I don't share and I don't care." I glared.

"You sure know how to be a bitch." He sighs, my jaw drops wide open. Did this jerk face just call me a bitch?

"Don't go there." I said.

"Or what?" He taunts. "Are you going to attack me with your tiny hands?" He laughs at this.

"My hands aren't tiny." I said looking down at them. He's just trying to get to you Alex. "Why don't you just leave already, no ones keeping you here."

A smirk rises to his lips. "I promised my mom I'd keep you company, but I have some things to do this Friday night and your coming."

I scoffed. "Yeah right!"

He closes his eyes and starts running his hands through his hair. "Alex, your coming with me. We'll be back before they get home, yeah?"

"I'm not interested in being the third wheel when we meet up with one of your prostitutes." I say crossing my arms over my chest. Or more importantly I don't wanna die tonight! I was already worried about being around so many people last week.

"If your calling Beckham and Carver prostitutes they sure as hell aren't mine."

I stay standing there. "Where do you plan on taking me?"

"I'll tell you in the car." He adds heading toward the door. After a second he's gone and I have no choice but to follow. Should I be a little scared of what this night has planned for me?