Chapter 10 | Before I Drown

C H A P T E R  10

C H A P T E R  10

When we enter the house the first thing I notice is all of the people inside. Drunk people, high people, sober people and then there was me. What category did I even fit into I was probably high on all of my medication right now?

I continue to follow Gavin through the large crowd until we finally enter a strange room. People are sitting around talking and it seems a lot more peaceful in here than it does out there.

"Carver." Gavin calls over.

I finally notice Carver and Beckham and a few other familiar faces, including Georgia and her little posse.

"Alex?" Carver smiles at me.

"Hey." I casually wave.

We walk toward them and take a seat on the few chairs they have around. I don't think Georgia notices me or she's just choosing not to. Let's hope she doesn't even remember me.

"Who's this?"

Shit.

"This is Alex." Carver tells a girl with black hair who's sitting beside him. I'm searching around the room like I need to and see Gavin grabbing a few beers out of one of the ice chests. In pure humiliation I reach for a beer can I thought he was holding out for me until Beckham grabs it. I can see him grin at me and he bites his lip like he's trying to hold back anymore laughter and then I notice he's just drinking water.

"No beer?" I asked him.

"I don't drink, besides I'm taking you home aren't I?" Gavin quirks up and eyebrow. I don't say anything and instead I'm sorta shocked he cares for my safety.

"Your cute." The girl laughs lightly. "Isn't she cute?"

Cute? No thanks.

"Adorable." Georgia laughs with her. "Are you new around here?"

Fake.

"No." I shake my head and before I can say anything else Georgia cuts me off.

"Wait are you thee Alex Eastwood?"

I nod my head.

"Girl I've missed you so much." She adds. "How have you been?"

"I've been-"

"I like totally thought you died or something." Georgia says starting to laugh again. The girl was definitely buzzed. I'm pretty sure the sober her would have humiliated me by now.

"Babe isn't she just so cute?" I can't help but look disgusted as Georgia makes and attempt to crawl onto Gavin's lap.

"Get off of me." He says making me let out a loose chuckle. Her eyes dart at me like a bullet and her once happy grin turns into a full on glare.