Chapter 09 | Before I Am Convinced

C H A P T E R  09

C H A P T E R 09

"So let me get this straight? You made a deal with Gavin and you both sorta won so now you both have to do these so called dares?" Peyton reminisces. "Gavin's dare is to go streaking tomorrow?"

I nod my head biting into a pickle slice.

"Was that to much to ask?" I laugh out loud.

Peyton shakes her head. "It's genius." I watch as she jumps up, a huge grin spreading across her face. "Don't worry I'll get the video for you."

"I think I'm just gonna call it off. I can't go outside without my mother knowing again." I sighed. "The dares sorta a life or death situation for me."

"You're right." Peyton nods her head. "So we trick the bad boy."

"I'm listening." I said.

Later that night I had finally finished taking the rest my days worth of medicine and even took a nice cold shower to cool off. I was still bummed my phone was cracked and that I couldn't see what Zach had responded with.

I crawled under my blankets and slowly fell asleep.

The next morning I got up extra early to remind my mother to get my phone fixed and then waited until my two best friends stopped by after school. "Brought you something a lot better than a whole wheat sandwich." Ash laughs, he hands me a brown paper bag with a McDonald's logo on the side.

"Thanks." I smiled at him, I was a sucker for McDonald's chicken nuggets.

"Have you talked to Gavin?" Peyton mentions.

I shook my head. "Not since Saturday." I tell her. "Any luck today?"

We take a seat on the couch and I start eating my food.

"He never showed up to school." Peyton sighs.

"Really? His cars been gone all day?" I mumbled.

"Can we ever have a conversation that doesn't involve Gavin?" Ash asks. "We get it the guys popular."

"Jealous." Peyton jokes, making Ash roll his eyes at her. "I'm kidding."

"Coach decided he wants to offer the scholarship for Duke to either Gavin or Zach, so yeah today's not my day."

I feel bad, that scholarship is all Ash has ever talked about. With all of the hard work he puts into football he deserves it, I know Gavin could careless about football with all of the time he puts in getting suspended.

Peyton and Ash eventually went home and my mom arrived from work telling me all about how great it was that Gavin and I were getting along. If constantly arguing and having and urge to remove myself from any room he was in meant getting along.