Chapter 28 | Before I Have Sweet Dreams

C H A P T E R  28

C H A P T E R  28

I had a very long phone call with Peyton this morning. I told her everything that happened and that me and Gavin want to try and make this work. By the way she screamed through the phone, she was quite excited for me. At first she didn't believe Gavin actually wanted to commit to a relationship, I couldn't believe it either.

Gavin also stopped by my window before he left for school. He was going to skip the day so he could spend it with me but I made him go. My mother told me goodbye and then she left for work so I am now left with Peter once again.

"Get me a beer." He says as soon as I go downstairs. All he does is sit on are couch and drink all day. He still hasn't even found a job, shocker.

"No." I say making my way into the kitchen.

"What the hell did you say!" He shouts from the living room. I should have stayed in my room. I grab a glass of water and turn to the fridge when Peter appears in front of me he grabs my arm and the cup falls onto the floor. The glass shatters against the floor and the cold water soaks against my feet. "You little whore I hear that little boyfriend of yours in your bedroom all the time your just like your mother." He spits in my face.

I find it ironic how he calls my mother a whore when he's cheated on her multiple times while she's stayed faithful.

I can't let his words hurt me.

"Let go of me." I say trying to pull away from his grip. I can smell the alcohol on his breath. I step back and cry out when I feel a few pieces of glass enter the bottom of my foot.

He finally lets me go and starts laughing now. "Seems the fridge is empty of beer, clean up this damn mess I'll be back in and hour."

I limp over to a chair and sit down crying as I see the sight of my foot. I've left a trail of blood behind it looks like a crime scene. I clean it up and after a long attempt to pull all of the glass out I then wrap it with a bandage. I even clean up the mess because I know if I don't my mother would have to.

A few hours pass and Peter still hasn't came home which I'm thankful for. I'm sitting in my bed watching TVD on my laptop and it seems to take my mind off of my throbbing foot.

"Hey." Peyton enters my room so I sit up and wave.

"What's wrong?" Peyton asks.

"Peter, I stepped in some glass." I said.

"That stupid fucking, ugh." Peyton groans and takes a seat on my bed. "Anyway have you talked to Gavin?" I shake my head. He'll probably be home soon anyway.