Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Thirty-Eight

Chapter Thirty-Eight

Cupid had escorted me home that day. He told me that he’s willing to wait for me but I know in no time I’d tell him that I still love him. That no matter how I say that I give up he’s still the person running in my mind all day—ew! Corny! Haha

I did love him secretly. Therefore he can’t see and feel that I was secretly hurting inside. But guess what I’ve found. He’s also doing what I’m doing. J

When I got home I heard screaming voices inside the house. I run quickly inside to check what’s happening and right away I knew where it came from.

How come when you’re in love it’s just so hard to be happy? Isn’t it ironic when you finally had that love still you have to give it away because a lot of people will get hurt by that one unconscious act? I had never been selfish in my life. I was the one who would rather leave everything just for the person I love to be happy. But giving away the person that I’ve waited and loved for so long? Would I be selfish for once just to have him for my own? But if I did, will I ever take seeing my sister crying all day long because of a broken heart? Will I take it seeing Andrew miserable? This is giving me a migraine.

I don’t want to get hurt anymore. But I don’t want to hurt anyone either. This is depressing.

I went inside my room and I locked myself. I called for Beagle but even the dog won’t comfort me for the night. Maybe he does feel what Andrew does since he’s his dog. That’s when Andrew came into my mind.

The last scene I remembered with him earlier was that he was holding my hand while I was feeling weak and numb already. Then I run away… I let go of his hand.

Oh shoot.

I pulled my phone and I texted him but he wasn’t answering any of my text messages either. I dialed his number and I tried calling him. But still he wasn’t answering so I decided to give him a voicemail instead. Telling him that once he’s ready to talk to me he’d call me back. But I’ve waited until one in the morning but still I have not received any calls or texts from him.

The next day I went downstairs to find my family’s eyes on me including the cruel ones of my twin’s.

‘I’m leaving.’ She said bluntly as she stood up and she shoots me some razor blades with her eyes.

‘No one’s leaving this house until we settle this down.’ My dad said calmly.

‘Everything is settled, dad.’ Pers emphasized every word. ‘Don’t you get it? Your brilliant daughter stole my boyfriend from me. That’s the truth; end of discussion!’

‘Don’t talk to her that way, Pers. ‘ Phoebe beamed at her.

‘Yeah, I wouldn’t even think that you’ll ever be on my side, sis!’ she narrowed her eyes at her.

‘Now what are you trying to say—‘ Phoebe stood up banging the table.

‘Knock it off!’ My mom shouted.

‘Please, you are sisters for Christ’s sake! Why are you fighting—‘

‘Mom, why don’t you ask her instead?’  Pers nod at my direction.

I took a deep breath.  ‘How many times do I have to explain that I didn’t steal him from you, Persephone.’

She scoffed. ‘Oh! So now you’re playing the victim here now, huh?’ I gaped at to what she said to me. ‘You know, sis, you are better than to be my understudy.  Because you deserve a “Best Actress” Academy Award for being a pretender!’