Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Thirty-Six

Chapter Thirty-Six

One irony of love: “Being so close HURTS the most, but staying even just an inch away also gives you the same thought.”

After I left him standing in their door way I run to our house. I don’t know what else to think and I don’t know what else to say. But one thing I know that is everything ends here.

The next day I went to the library to return the book that I borrowed. Then I stayed there on the English area to read some books and kill the hurt out of me. I chose to borrow “Ghost Girl” by Tonya Hurley. Yeah, I chose the third sequel to the series because I thought the title was pretty cool; “Lovesick”.  I’m kind of feeling gothic now than emo. Haha wow I made a laugh. Anyway I found myself blasting my ear phones with “Going Under” by Evanescence as I decided to go back to my table for my things.

I’m going under…

Don’t launch your hand this time I’ll save myself

Maybe I’ll wake up for once

Not torment to daily defeated by you

Just one night I thought I reached the bottom

I… dived again

I’m going under…

Drowning you…

I’m falling forever…

Got to break through…

I’m going--

*BOGSH*

‘What are you doing here?’

He picked my book, looked at it for a while then handed it over to me. I tried to grab it from him but he raised it up.

‘May I have my book please?’ I asked him patiently.

‘I don’t get you. Now you’re reading a…’ he thought of a right term for it. ‘…an emo book and then you’re singing a gothic song.’

‘Mind your own business!’ I pulled the book from him but it only made him pull me close to him and he locked his arms on my waist.

I breathed in.

He moved his face to me and that’s when my heart started to beat fast again. Argh! My heart’s bleeding right now yet still it knows how to beat for him. Horridious!

‘Stop it.’ I said as I looked away and he lets me go.

‘I’m sorry.’ He said.

There I blushed in front of him. My nose turned bright red! I know I gave it a different meaning. There I was imagining that he’s saying sorry for ignoring my feelings.

‘Uy… She’s blushing.’ He teased.

I scowled at him but it’s obvious that a smile wants to escape my own lips.

‘It’s not funny, Lover boy!’

‘You’re smiling.’ He said as he grinned.

‘No.’ I shook my head.

He closed his lips and nodded. ‘Why still play so hard to get when you already told me?’

I scoffed. ‘You guys, you are all the same! Not because I told you that I like you—‘

‘You love me.’ he corrected me with a grin and I rolled my eyes at him.

‘Fine—not because I told you that—‘