Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Twenty-two

Chapter Twenty-Two

If you love a person, don’t give up. Just wait for that person to realize your worth and if that person doesn’t realize your worth, wait until your heart voluntarily quits.

 I can’t help myself holding that damn yellow flower to my nose and keep on smelling its fragrance. Kind of imagining it was His scent even though it wasn’t really.

“Psyche—”Phoebe’s eyes widened as she saw me holding the rose. “Ah—oh, you have an admirer.” She sat beside me immediately.

I gaped at her. “Hell, we’re just friends.”

“You really like him, Psyche. I haven’t mention anyone in particular and you in the other hand happen to know exactly who to answer. He’s on your mind and you didn’t even notice.” She faked drooling all over me.

I frowned at her. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

She giggles. “Whatever. But whoever that is who gave you that rose, I can already see the spark.”

“Spark your mouth!” I shouted at her.

She flinched. “Psyche, you don’t understand.”

I continued to be fascinated by the rose and I ignored her.

“Fine, just talk to me when your mind’s fixed.” She raised her hand in defeat and she stood up.

***

“Strut!” Janica howled at me as I entered the gates of the school.

I rolled my eyes as she runs towards me with a very huge grin on her face and I just knew what she would say.

“Ha—” I covered her mouth before she could say it out loud.

“If you value your life, don’t say a word.” She kissed my hand and I let go of her.

“Ew!” I grossed as I wiped my saliva stained hand on my skirt. “Seriously, Jan, if you want Brail to like you, you need to know proper manners and hygiene.”

She laughed. “Just what I thought! So care to explain why after the prom he actually asked me on a real date.”

“She’s just joking.” Kelpie barged in as we started walking.

“I am not!” she emphasized every word to Kelpie.

“Well, even though he got your number doesn’t mean he really likes you. I mean hola! He should have gone for you if he really likes you.” Kelpie prompted.

I nodded in agreement.

“Well, I’ll just get over his shyness. I know he’s just in denial stage that he also likes me.” Janica said smugly as she crossed her arms.

Kelpie shook her head and then she turned to me. Her eyes lit up as if she remembered something to tell me.

“Happy birthday, Psyche!” she hugged me tightly.

“Oh god. I wish you didn’t say that.” I groaned as I tap her back.

“Why not?” Kelpie gave me a puzzled look.

“Because she’ll kill you.” Janica answered for me and then they both laughed.

“Anyway since it’s also Valentine’s Day, don’t you think you have something to give to someone?”

Janica cooed.

I gave her a sarcastic look.

Janica’s shoulders sank down and she narrowed her eyes at me. “You know that letter “C” word that you are badly attracted to.” She even made a quotation mark on the letter “C” with her hands, I can’t believe her.