Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

CHANCE or CHOICE?

When you meet the person you love at the right place, on the right time; that’s CHANCE. Knowing that there are others who are more attractive, smarter, and richer than your mate, yet you decide to choose him or her; that’s CHOICE.

Attraction comes to us by chance. But true love that lasts is a choice. Listen: Fate brings you together, but it’s still up to you to make it happen. We may meet someone by chance, but loving and staying with that someone is still a choice.

 The game is on, officially. It was more like a war for me because I keep on thinking that I’m playing plastic with myself every time I would let that Cupid without wings hold my hand. It was like he’s taking advantage of the situation.

The next day had entirely been okay with me. Who wouldn’t be when you’ve received a bouquet of fresh pink roses on your locker? Well, that was until I decided to go to the ladies’ room. I was so happy because of the roses and was even making an excuse to the C.R just to pass by Andrew’s class room and thank him personally. But then something caught my eye. There standing in front of their classroom door was Cupid. And he was not just standing, his tongue was out, both of his hands were stretch all over like he was hanging on the cross like Jesus and a pile of books were on top of his head. I run immediately towards him.

“Oh my gosh, what happened to you?” I asked as I examined him.

“Your Math teacher sure sucks.” He winked at me.

I sighed in frustration at his case and I felt pity for him.

“So, are you feeling Christian?” he asked.

I pursed my lips together. “I’m doing this not because I like you but because I feel for you.”

“Awww. That’s so sweet of you.” He snickered. “Thanks.”

I started to take the books off his head then he took it from my hands.

“Don’t you understand the word punishment, Ms. Lumiére?” Mr. Song said and I immediately turned around.

“I was just…” I started but I couldn’t end it. I just found myself hiding behind Cupid.

“You were trying to help Mr. Confiar out. It was kind of you, Ms. Lumiére.” He moved towards us and I felt my hands on Cupid’s arm. “And since it seems to me that you are friends, might as well you want to share his penalty, Ms. Lumiére?”

What? But—“ I opened my mouth to protest but he already handed me two books.

“You can stand beside your friend, Ms. Lumiére.”

“He is not even my friend.” I scowled at Cupid once Mr. Song was gone.

Now this is what I would like to call Karma—the bad karma. Maybe next time that I would want to tell something to Andrew, I would tell him during break time or free time. So that I wouldn’t run into something that would cost me trouble.

“This is the worst day of my entire life!” I said after an hour of standing there beside Cupid.

He snickers.

“What are you laughing at? This is your entire fault!” I scowled at him from the side.

“Just look at the bright side, babe. Me and you together! Isn’t it romantic?” I want to laugh. He’s joking, right? Because look I’m really laughing out loud. HA HA HA.

“Who are you calling babe? Talk to yourself. I’m not talking to you!” I said.

“Who else am I referring to? The wall?” he exclaims.

“I’m really not talking to you.” I said again.

“But you are talking to me by means that you are responding that you’re not talking to Me.” he smirked and I was completely pissed off. And then the bell rang and it made everything worst for me. This is pure humiliation! I want to die!

 The students went out of their classrooms for break and they all caught us standing like that in front of the classroom. Some students began to laugh and good for some who just passed by and ignored us.

“Nice catch, Cupid! You caught her right with your arrow!” one of his classmates said.

“How romantic!” Kelpie passed by with Janica and they both giggled.

“I want all the details latah!” Janica pinched my stomach and all I could do is stifle a groan out of irritation for Cupid.

I felt Cupid starting to hold my fingers near his hand. I dodged him with the force that I still have.

“Stop it! I’m still mad at you!”

“I’m sorry, okay?” he said.

Then a camera flashed in front of us. I look up to see the suspect and to my surprise it was Andrew. I looked shocked at him that he gave me an assuring smile that it’s fine.

“It’s really cute.” He said as he looked at the screen of his camera.

“How cute is it?” Cupid asked as he leaned forward to look at our picture. Andrew showed it to him and both of them smiled.

“How cute? Do we look cute in this? Pathetic!”  I shouted as I felt myself close to tears again. Then Andrew came in front of me and he started to take his camera off his neck.

“What are you doing?” He placed my hands down, he took the books off my head and he gave me his camera. I can’t help but ask as it startled me. “You’ll be caught and you’ll end up just like us!”

He touched the mount of my head and he rested his palm unto it. “Relax.” He said and he set me aside. After that he placed the books on top of his head and he raised his arms just like what Cupid and I did.

I looked at him; clearly I was still startled with this idea of his.

“You can take a picture of me too.” He said, smiling.

My hands trembled at his camera. “What are you doing?” I asked again.

He just smiled warmly at me. “I asked Mr. Song if could replace you.”

I gasped at what I he said. Even Cupid turned to him in shock. The books on his head almost fell.

“You don’t have to do this.” I moved forward to take the books from his head but he stepped backward from me.

“Go take your snacks. I know you’re hungry.” He said.

“But—“ I tried to argue but he shook his head.

“Before you leave, Psyche… take a picture of us first.” he added as he looked at Cupid who was until now was shock at what Andrew did.

“No. This should be my punishment. You don’t need to take over, Andrew.” I said.

“I want to do this, Psyche. Just let me do this, okay.” He prompted.

I looked at his gray eyes. They were so sincere. How can I be so lucky to have him?

I nodded then I raised the camera as he asked me to. Then flash, it was taken. After that I went to the eating shed where my friends are to find some desperate comfort.

Property of BelleBurns©