Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-five

This is the end of my love life.

What love life?! It didn’t even start! And like DUH! Like I have a love life?

I don’t know but when I got home there I was again. The melancholy Psyche I was when Cupid would break my heart. This is the third time he made me cry. Now I tell you, Psyche, would you still want to continue after that? For sure if you forgive him he’ll make you cry again. Why can’t you just find someone who wouldn’t hurt you and love you in return?

Well, maybe I should tell that to my heart. He’s very hard-headed. If only hearts can be taught. Sadly it doesn’t have a brain. And surely, the brain doesn’t have a heart either.

I took a deep breath as I entered the school’s library and I felt a strange feeling that I can’t even explain it to you—that’s why it’s called a strange feeling.

I pushed the glass door to enter the college library, then whoops. Cupid was on the other side pulling the door. If you’re just getting bad luck!

I shove myself aside and I motioned him to pass first. But the hard- headed I knew of him, he opened the door for me instead. So without any word of mouth I went inside and I placed my things on a particular table. Well, that was actually the first table I saw that was vacant so I went straight for it.

Then I looked out for some books for my Calculus class. Ew. As if I’m good in math when the truth is, I couldn’t even pass if Janica wasn’t so generous in serving me the right answers to the tests even though I didn’t ask for them. But like what they say, life should go on. So here I am, in the library and trying to make a genius out of myself.

When I went back to my table, my hair raised. I felt myself catch my breath and I run immediately to the direction where he was sitting.

“What do you think you are doing?” I asked. He closed my notebook and he looked up at me innocently.

He smiles. “Studying.”                                                  

I scoffed. “Studying?! Then where’s your notebook?” I took my notebook away from him and so as my other stuffs.

He looked at my notebook again and I placed it inside my bag. He might have noticed my discomfort and he continues to smile at me. Gah! He irritates me!

“I’m sorry but I just don’t want others to touch my personal belongings.” I said and I saw him flinch. Of course he was taken aback. Those were the same words he said to me yesterday. Yeah, I still find it very rude since I didn’t even have a clue what’s with that notebook. And by the way, I was just exaggerating with my own notebook. There’s nothing important in it, it’s just my Literature notebook.

I heard him sigh. “I’m sorry if I offended you yesterday. I admit you did nothing wrong but—”

“It’s good to know that you know that I didn’t do anything wrong and you got mad at me.” I felt my anger rise above my head. I think I can see horns already. I laughed a little. “If you’re in my sneakers yesterday, Cupid, how would you feel?”

He didn’t answer me. He just stared blankly at me so I walked away. I couldn’t stand a person who is so numb. I know that I had completely forgotten that I was carrying the Calculus book so when I got out of the door the buzzers went on ringing. Great. Total bad luck. So I got scolded plus major, major embarrassment.

I left my bags first on the librarian’s counter and she let me return the book to its proper shelf. Not to my mistake he was still there sitting on the table. When he saw me I diverted my gaze someplace else and I went to the opposite direction to avoid him.