Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Thirty- Two

Chapter Thirty-Two

In a spun of two days I found myself looking at my diary again. I was planning to write that “Most Embarrassing” thing that happened to me but then I only wrote minor details about it like: “I had the most embarrassing day.” That’s all, I thank you. Bow.

Now I have to rush my Literature essay. Too bad I have only written two words. And you know what? My name.

‘This is killing me.’ I groaned inside the library.

‘What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.’  Janica said as she pulled my laptop to her.

‘Bes, it’s Romeo and Juliet! How come you don’t know anything to write?’

‘Bes,’ I pulled my laptop from her. ‘What would I write? Martyrdom?’

‘Psyche, they both died. It’s tragedy and you’re in the right mood to do it! Now go, go, go!’

I rolled my eyes at her.

‘You know, instead of trying to make Psyche tell Cupid why don’t we let him do it?’ Kelpie suggested as she closes her binder.

Janica snickered. ‘Like he has his eyes on our girl.’

‘It’s not impossible.’ Kelpie prompted as a smile crossed her face.

‘So what’s your plan?’ Janica asked her.

‘Let’s study him.’ she answered her.

‘So we’re like going to be Cupid-ologists.’ Janica pointed and I laugh at the sound of it.

‘Well,’ Kelpie waved her hand at me. ‘We have an expert here who knows him very well.’

I gaped at her. ‘NO! I’m not really that obsess with him like I have to know everything about him.’ They both looked skeptically at me. ‘Fine.’

‘I’m guessing that he likes Psyche.’ I stared at Kelpie like I was going to blush at what she said.

‘It’s possible.’ Janica nodded as she piled her books.

‘Why would you say that?’ I asked her in obviously curious way.

‘At your debut… I just noticed how he stares at you like…’ she thought. ‘… like there’s no one else in the world. I really felt jealous when you both did your last dance.’

Janica tapped her shoulder and she drooled. ‘I love that part too!’

‘He was just acting.’ I said sadly as I remembered our little deal.

Both of them flinched. ‘Weh…’

‘Guys, since we had a deal.’ I sighed.  ‘I am not going to lie with you anymore.’

There, I told them about our deal and like anyone else I would tell this they will have the same expression. Shocked.

‘But I don’t understand.’ Janica reacted.

‘I think he’s not pretending.’ Kelpie said.

‘I hope so, Kelps. But sometimes I wish all was rather true.’ I sighed.

‘What was true?’ all three of us turned to the person standing on the edge of our table. All of us froze immediately.

‘Are you okay?’ he asked.

‘What are you doing here?’ I said.

He laughed. ‘Do you mind if you answer my question first?’