Chapter 42: The Dream Wedding Gown

CLEO'S POV

I've been so anxious for days. It's been two months since Matthew asked me to marry him. And I don't even know when will be our wedding!

Courtney and Tatiana already threw a bridal shower for me. And Matthew is not so happy about it. 

All my contracts are finished and I already bid my farewell to my showbiz career. My fans cried and made a little strike and begging me not to leave the industry. And I announced that I am getting married, that's why I want to quit show business. 

Because of my announcement, the speculations rise. Madami na namang nangungulit sa akin. Matthew said that it's alright, I am protected in their home.

May ilan na nagsasabi na malamang daw na buntis ako kaya ako pakakasalan. 

Sinabi ni Matthew sa media na magkakaroon daw ng exclusive coverage ang kasal namin. 

Regarding my issues about myself, I've decided to accept it. Tatanggapin ko na lamang. Kahit ilang balde pa ang iiyak ko, hindi na mababago ang katotohanan ng pagkatao ko. 

"Hindi mo na naman na kailangan ng tunay na pamilya mo, dahil bubuo na tayo ng sarili nating pamilya. Bibigyan kita ng malaki at masayang pamilya" Matthew said while smiling widely at me. 

Ano pa ba ang hahanapin ko sa buhay ko? Hindi ko pa siya asawa pero pakiramdam ko ay buong-buo na ako. At pakiramdam ko ay kabilang na ako sa isang pamilya dahil pinaparamdam ng pamilya Vergara sa akin ang pagmamahal ng isang pamilya. 

Kuya Nate and I are okay now. He apologized and I accept it right away. Naiintindihan ko naman siya. And he thanked me for loving his insane brother. 

If there's an important thing I learned from Matthew, it's how to appreciate things I have and not to count things I lack. The reality of life is about not having everything one desires. Even how hard we try, there will always be something unreachable. Happiness will come along contentment. And one will be happy when he starts appreciating his blessings than wanting something greater. 

I chose to appreciate my new family. Nanay and Tatay confess everything to me. They said that Celeste gave me to them. She's originally planed to have me aborted, but Nanay Juana begged her to keep me and just gave me to them because she can't bear a child. They asked for my forgiveness for keeping the truth. And I forgave them. They loved me as their own. It's my fault why they changed. We're good and they will still be my parents no matter what. They are the one who raised me. And I will forever be thankful for that.

I don't know where Celeste is now. And I don't want to care anymore. I don't know what's her purpose for showing up and telling me her lies. Yes, she's my biological mother, but that's all. She's not a mother to me. I don't want to see her anymore. Nanay Juana is my mother. And after my wedding, Mommy Natascia will be my mother also. 

*