Chapter 26: The Way He Defend Her

NEIL'S POV

I lean on the pillar and crossed my arms at my chest. 

"Still nothing from him?" I asked Charmaine.

She look worried. She's been waiting for Troy over an hour already. And I just know what she's feeling. Because, I too, is waiting for Cleo. 

The program is already starting. But I chose to accompany Maine instead of socializing with my former classmates. Eric and Trent already declared that they won't be coming. 

"I think I'll just go home" she said in an irritated voice. 

Umayos ako ng tayo. "I'll drive you home" 

Alam ko na hindi na darating pa si Cleo. Dahil kung darating siya, dapat kanina pa siya nandito. Kung late lamang siya, sana tinawagan niya ako. 

I already lose my appetite to party. I just want to go home and drunk myself to death.

"How about the party?" she asked

I shrugged my shoulders. "I'm not in the mood. And the bastards are not there. There's nothing for me to enjoy" I lied.

Kung nandito si Cleo, kahit wala akong kakilala sa loob ay magagawang kong i-enjoy ang party. Pero dahil nga wala siya, kahit nandito pa ang mga kaibigan ko, magiging asshole lamang ako sa party na 'yan. 

I held her elbow and guide her towards my car. Hindi ko din naman maaatim na pabayaan si Maine.

"Where's Cleo?" she asked while we're on our way.

"Busy" tipid na sagot ko.

She just shut her mouth the entire travel. Nararamdaman siguro na wala ako sa mood makipag-usap. 

Ibinaba ko lamang siya sa tapat ng bahay nila at umalis na. I am too pissed para isipin pa ang hindi pagsipot ni Troy. 

Stupid as it sounds, bumalik ako sa hotel. Because the moronic part of me is still hoping that she'll show up. 

"Neil, how are you?" asked an elegant woman in the party. 

"Fine" I wrinkled my forehead. She looks familiar but I can't remember her name

"I'm Althea" she smiled. Not even offended that I didn't know her.

"Ah. Yeah. Trent's ex" I smiled

She grimace. "Actually, my ex is Troy"