Chapter 39: The Butterfly Paradise

NEIL'S POV

"My little brother is so damn nervous he would pee in his pants any time soon" Kuya Nex teased as he arrange the flowers in the wooden bridge.

I glare at him. "Shut up, fucker! I will be laughing my ass out when you sucked your proposal to Courtney!" I yelled at him.

Yes. I am so nervous and he is not helping! 

I am so excited for tonight, nervous at the same time. 

"And I will pay hundred people to laugh at you when Court rejects your proposal" Kuya Nate teased.

Kuya Nex shrugged his shoulders. "That day won't come because she'll be the one to beg me to marry her" he arrogantly said.

Bigla na lamang may tumamang kahoy sa ulo ni Kuya Nex na nakapagpalabas ng malulutong na mura sa bibig niya. Napahagalpak kami ni Kuya ng tawa.

"Dream on, Mr. hopeless romantic" Courtney smirked.

She stood at the entrance of the greenhouse and she's holding the net cage on her right hand. My smile grew bigger when I saw the colorful swarm of butterflies. 

Mom came in next with another swarm of beautiful butterflies. 

Cleo loves butterflies that she'll stop in her track every time she'll saw one. I can still remember how her eyes sparkled when we came in Phuket Butterfly Garden. She can't stop talking about how beautiful and amazing the butterflies were for days. She even collected things related to butterflies. 

She even have a cabinet full of framed butterflies on her room.

I asked Mom if I can use the greenhouse here in Helping Hands Foundation, Pampanga branch. She's more than happy to lend me the place. Nag-offer pa nga siya na tutulong din daw siya para sa pag-aayos na naaayon sa gusto ko.

My whole family and the volunteers helped me to prepare the place for my proposal later tonight. I want this to be very special. I want this to be memorable. I want everything to be perfect for her.

The garden is already beautiful. And it became better when I ordered scented flowers to decorate the place. The kids also helped by cleaning the place. They gathered dried leaves and spray each plants to brush off the dusts. 

We also repaint the mini bridge and we planed to place floating candles on the pond later. The Japanese lanterns were also ready to be lit. 

It's almost two in the afternoon when we finished decorating the place. And I can't wipe my smile off with the satisfaction I have. 

"Thank you very much for this" I smile widely at everyone.

"I am so happy for you, anak" mangiyak-ngiyak na sabi ni Mommy at yumakap pa sa akin.

Everyone have their huge smile on their faces. Even my brothers are smiling at me. 

The sisters prepared snacks. Masaya kaming nag-meryenda sa hall. 

Masayang nagbibiro pa ang mga volunteers na ma-bo-broken hearted daw sila dahil ikakasal na ako. Biniro naman sila ni Mommy na single pa naman si Kuya Nate. 

This is Kuya's first time here kaya ilang pa ang mga tao sa kaniya. And I appreciate him so much for coming all the way here in Pampanga just to give his support. Kaya kahit hindi nila sabihin ni Kuya Nex, alam ko na mahal na mahal nila ako. Kahit nakakabakla pa, mahal ko din sila. 

I can't thank God enough for blessing me with a wonderful family.

I look at my watch. 

Two twenty six in the afternoon.