Chapter 18: The Smile that Holds a Warning

CLEO'S POV

"Bakit ba kasi sobrang halaga sa'yo niyan?" yamot na tanong ni Matthew. He's glaring at me.

Dahil kapag binitiwan ko 'to ngayon para sa'yo, wala nang matitira sa akin kapag wala ka na.

Pinili ko na hindi na lamang sumagot sa kanya.

He's already done with his therapy. And I've been there to support him in every possible way I can. I stayed with him no matter how hard he can be. I turned my back on my career. I didn't sign any contract. I let all the opportunities passed. I did everything for him. All for him.

His mother was so grateful that she offered me a lifetime contract with their company. But I refused her offer. I don't want anything to do with them anymore. I am done with my moronic love.

It will shatter me. But it's better to be wrecked now, than to be ripped when I can be teared no more.

I want to end what we have little by little. I can't suddenly just disappeared on his life. It will be so selfish and it might cause his sanity. He's recovering now and I don't want to drag him back to scratch. I love him so much to do that.

I want to slip out of his life little by little. Until a day come that we'll just be strangers.

I will take distances from him. And it will be for myself. Because I can't take it anymore.

I know he's trying, he's doing his best to love me. But nobody can teach one's heart. Even I, can't teach my own heart not to love him. It is not only my love who's loving him, it is my whole me who loves him so much.

Not loving him is letting go of my own happiness.

But life is not all about him and me. There's other things to consider. I have my parents to support.

I have to learn how to live life without him. It may not be blissful like it is with him, but it will do. Because life is not all about happiness.

I am thankful though that I am given a chance to enjoy life to its fullest. Having him is like a roller coaster ride. There's ups and downs. I cried, I laughed, I enraged, I loved... I experienced every emotions with him.

I can say that he's the best thing that happened in my life. Even I got hurt, it was compensated for all the happiness he brought in my life. Nobody can make me happy the way he does.