Chapter 20

Chapter 20

I could feel the tension in the room. Alex was just happy to see me but Drake wasn't happy to see him. I started putting everything I had thrown back to it's place. After I was done I realised the room had been frozen for a bit too long. 

"Alex could we meet up another time? Now is a bit of a bad time." I asked him.

"Sure." Alex smiled. "Anything for you. It was nice to meet you, sorry I didn't catch your name."

"It's Drake!" He said.

With a flash Alex was gone. I could still smell his sweet scent. I sat done and made the room unfrozen. Drake made small talk but it soon died.

The bell rung. It was break time now and I decided to confront Drake. 

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah I'm fine, just didn't realise you were a couple." He said

"We're not." I said. I kind of wished we were. "I found the book which had the spell and I thought maybe you could do it since you have practised magic for years and I'll probably do something wrong." I changed the subject.

"Sure, but didn't you say the reason why you had to use the spell was because you didn't have the feather." 

"Yeah but they won't believe me, they will think it's just a feather." I sighed.

"The feather will prove itself that it's not an ordinary feather." He smiled. "May I see the book you picked up?" I handed him the book and he gasped. "This book isn't a book which belongs to us mere witches."

"Why?" I asked

"This book contains spells and potions which we are not aloud to do. Where did you find this?" He demanded. 

"In the library crushed between other books." 

"How would it have gotten there?" He asked himself while looking through the book. "Did you chant any of these spells?" He said looking in my eyes. I shook my head. I could see the sign of relief in his face. 

The day went by quickly. I made sure I had the feather on me every 5 minutes. It was proof to them that I wasn't crazy and that I could go to the party which I'm being forced to go to.

I got home but they weren't there. "Must still be at work." I said to myself. I looked through the book of my parents again. I wanted to be like them. Protect all the witches. I don't know how much power I have but I know I need to practise more. Maybe it was time I moved school to one of my kind.

I must have dozed off because when I woke up my parents were back. 

"Mum, Dad, I have to show you something." I pulled out the feather and it started to float by itself. It glowed bright white and sparkled. It was truly beautiful to watch. I signaled them to touch it. And when they did I could see a face of pleasure because it was so soft and light. They didn't say anything but I think they believed me.