Chapter 21

Chapter 21

The week went by quickly. Today was Friday and tomorrow would be the party. My parents let me go but I had to promise not to use any magic, not even to pick up something which fell on the floor, but I know that's their way of making sure everyone is safe including me because knowing me picking something up off the floor would turn the whole party into ice cream which apparently to them is a bad thing.

I hadn't spoken much to Drake which hurt me a little. I hope he was still going to take me to the party! I got ready for school and left my house. I could still remember the feather glowing. It sent goose bumps all over my body. My parents thought it was beautiful.

As I walked to school I noticed the girl from the library looking worried. I approached her and said "Hey, are you okay?"

"No I'm not okay! I've lost something and I think someone has stolen it." She said while pacing around. She looked a mess.

"What have you lost?" I asked while putting my hand on her shoulder to comfort her.

"This red little book." She answered. I could feel my cheeks heating up and my pulse rising. I took the book and gave it to Drake. I guess he forgot to give it back. Didn't Drake say it belonged to evil witches?

"Is it your diary?" I asked trying to seem like I had no clue what she was talking about. I wanted to walk away from her, she could be dangerous.

"Ermm, kinda." She said while licking her lips. She lied to me which proves she's up to no good.

"Well if I see it I'll let you know." I smiled and walked away. I didn't look back in case I looked guilty. I don't know how she didn't realise it was me. Maybe she was so worked up about losing it that she couldn't think of what happened that day. I saw Drake and ran up to him.

"Did you not put the book back in the library?" I said to him in a angry tone.

"I gave it to my grandparents the elders to look after it, why?" 

"The girl from the library is looking for it!" 

"That can't be good." 

"I know and she will soon realise it was me who took it!"

"I'll protect you!" Drake said with warmth in his tone. He hugged me tight and I could feel him stroking my hair. He smelled different to Alex, but it was good. Do I like Drake and Alex?