Chapter 18

Chapter 18

I only slept for a few hours. I felt weak. I decided to dress up a bit today since I was sick of listening to people bringing me down. I straightened my hair and put a red skater dress on with a black blazer with black high top converse on. I looked in the mirror and this time I felt happier after seeing Alex last night. I was a bit disappointed that I lost the feather though.

I walked down the stairs and felt my parents staring at me. But they seemed happy too that I wasn't depressed anymore. I grabbed a slice of toast and headed out the door while munching on it.

I got to school and I was still the main attraction but people weren't as harsh. There was one guy giving me really dirty evil eyes so I closed my eyes and chanted "Deponere Braccae" and suddenly a scarlet flame shot out of my hand and made the guy's trousers fall down to the floor. I laughed a little. It was time to have fun with magic!

As I walked to my locker I was greeted by Drake and the Elf boy. 

"Wow, someone looks good today." I heard Elf boy say. It made me blush.

"Thanks." I smiled. "I'm not sure if I can make it to that party sorry. My parents weren't so happy about last night." 

"Well why don't we convince them to let you go by checking the library for a spell." Drake said. He was really eager for me to go.

"I have a free period now so I'll check it out." I smiled. "By the way, whats your name Elf boy?"

"I can't believe you never knew. It's Jake, you will be screaming it later." He said flirting to me. I laughed louder. I could see Drake was slightly jealous.

I went to the library at the back of the school. It was a big building and looked old because the school hadn't  modernised it since the 1800s. It was hardly used due to teenagers having laptops. I looked around for people. There were a couple of people who I had seen before but they weren't ones to stick out. I walked around trying to think where a book of witchcraft would be. 

"Are you lost?" I heard a girl say.

"No, well kinda, I'm looking for the really old History / Mythical creatures section." I said looking at her beautiful Brown eyes. She touched my hand unexpectedly. 

"Witch!" She whispered. "No one ever comes in here, nor do they want to see that section. Why are you interested?" She questioned me. I didn't want to tell her what I really needed it for just in case there were witch police who would strip me of whatever magic I had.

"My parents were witches, they died before I was born and I wanted to know more about them." I said looking honest. Thank God I could think of something. "Are you another witch?" I asked

"Yes, I could feel your energy, my names Rosita by the way and you're Crystal." She smiled.

"Yes." I smiled back.

She took me to a really old section of the library and left me there. It smelt dusty and I felt like sneezing at least 10 times. I did a smell to put my nose in a bubble to breathe better. I looked around at all the books. They looked old yet beautiful. I picked a book which was written at the time my parents were alive just to make sure my story seemed real. I looked around to see if she was anywhere to be seen. No sign. I tried looking for a spell book but didn't know what to choose. I saw this one book which was a deep red that had potions inside. I took a glance inside and found tons of potions. Some to make your crush love you, others to make food appear. There was also one which could make someone spit out slugs. Yuck. I found the spell which I was after - Making someone forget something. I hid the book in the previous book and checked out the book. 

I walked out and went outside into the gardens. I started reading the book which had the history of witches. I stumbled on a page which read my parents names which my other parents told me -Josephine Edon and Luke Edon- It mentioned when they died but not about having a daughter! I wonder why? I read on and saw that they were powerful witches which looked after other witches. They seemed lovely. I felt my eyes watering.

"It was my fault why they died." I said to myself. Maybe I'm just cursed!