Talking to Dad

I looked at the guns that were still in my hands. They felt unaturally heavy. I set them down on the nearby counter and sighed. I sat down and looked at the others. They were still cooling down from the battle. They sat down with me.

 "I'm surprised, Y/N, I didn't know you knew your way around a gun." Baldroy said.

 "It's a revolver. Not that hard to shoot." I said, looking away. "As long as you don't have trouble killing people." I was given an array of shocked looks.

 "Y/N...." Finni said, absolutely shocked. 

 "Even though you have trouble killing people, think what they would've done if you hadn't. Finni would most likely be dead and who knows what they would've done to us. Or worse, the young master!" Mey-Rin said, trying to boost my spirits.

 I thought about it. If I hadn't taken them out, what would they have done? Now we will never know, but it is best that way. I looked back at them.

 "You have a point. I'm sorry for not helping out with that. I should've thought about others lives before my own fears." I said.

 They all gave me a big hug. Even Tanaks, who I only just realized was in the room, joined in. I haven't had a hug like this since I graduated highschool. And I shared that one with Sheldby, Tray, and my dad. But this one is different. It has more meaning. I could stay here forever.

 Then Sebastian walked in and ruined the moment. "What are you all doing? Shouldn't you be working?" He said sternly. 

 I stepped out of the hug. "I apologize. It's my fault. They were comforting me."

 "And why would that be needed?" He questioned. 

 "Becausethere were intruders outside and you know how I am about ending people's lives!" I shouted.

Finni grabbed my shoulder and pulled me back. "No need to shout Y/N."

 I was about to make him let me go but I realized he was right. I started to calm myself. "Thanks, Finni." I whispered. He gave me one of his big smiles.

 "Now I came in here because the young master needed you, Y/N. Come along." He saw the gun on the table. "Bring that with you, just in case there are more of those men lurking about."

 I nodded, slipped the revolver in my pocket and followed Sebastian out. "I'm sorry." 

 "What for?" He asked. 

 "For shouting. It was uncalled for." I looked down. "Though you of all people should've known we were under attack."

 "I happened to be quite busy teaching the young master's vocal lessons." He sighed.

 "Vocal lessons? This is my kind of thing. What song are you teaching him?" I asked, quite excited.