Chapter 19

Chapter 19

I wipe away the tears and close the book. I didn't want to read anymore about them and how I never had a chance to see them now. If they had powerful magic then maybe I do too. I smiled a little. I'd rather have them around with no magic then them gone with powerful magic. I took out the red book which had the potions and spells inside. I skipped through the pages to get the one I wanted. The Spell to make someone forget. 

All I had to do was enchant the spell in the book and then say something which they should forget. Simple to be honest. What could go wrong? Practically anything could go wrong I've seen all the movies. And knowing me I would make them forget everything and somehow they will turn into goats.

I decided to ask Drake for help. I packed away the books and walked back to school. My next lesson was Physics. Drake had that lesson too so I'll talk to him then. I got to class and looked around for him. I saw him holding something white. As I walked up to him to tell him I had the spell I soon realised what he was holding. My feather from Alex. 

"Where the hell did you get that?" I shouted at him 

He looked up and knew he was screwed. "What are you talking about." He tried to lie while hiding the feather.

"That feather which you are holding belongs to me. How did you get it?" 

"I found it, what's so special about the feather?"

"I was given it by a friend. Did you take it off of me when we hugged? I can't believe you would do that." I turned away from him. I couldn't stand to be in the same room as him. I held up my hands and I chanted "duratus cella"  to make everyone freeze in the room apart from him then I threw chairs at him. 

"Do you know what this feather even is?" He said to me while ducking.

"It's an Angel feather which I got from my friend! Why would you take it?" I screamed. I threw more stuff at him. He dodged most but some hit him in the stomach.

"It's rare for an Angel to come to Earth. Their feathers hold great magic. I wanted to check if it was real. I always heard stories about Angels coming on Earth and given people feathers but I had never seen one!" He said with sorrow in his eyes. I stopped throwing items at him. 

"Why couldn't you have just asked? I didn't know it was anything special like that!" I said. He started walking up to me and placed his hands on my cheeks.

"Usually the people who have it are dangerous, I thought you were dangerous." He whispered putting his head down. I felt sorry for him. He gave me the feather back and hugged me. 

"You are very lucky to have something like that." He said.

"It means more to me from the person who gave it, rather than the magic it holds." 

"Who gave it to you?" He asked.

All of a sudden there was a bright white light coming from the far side of the class room. It was hard to see. I could make out a figure though. It was Alex. I ran up to him and hugged him tightly. I could feel the warmth of his body transferring to mine. He spelt like cherries dipped into chocolate. He really does have the sweetest heart.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I thought you were in trouble because of the feather I gave you." He said with such an angelic tone, it made me want to hear more. "I saw chairs and books flying around, I thought you were hurt."

"I'm fine, I just didn't know this feather was so special and rare." I continued.

He looked into my eyes with joy. "I gave it to you because you are special." I had the biggest smile on my face. I felt my cheeks burning up. It was so cheesy but sweet.

"How comes I can touch you when I'm not near the cabin?" I asked

"We got it wrong, the reason why you could touch me was because I didn't die when I was in the cabin. Angels took me and healed me. My debt to them was to become one of them. The reason why you could't touch me at the hospital was because that was my ghost self." 

"So this is the friend who gave you the feather." I heard drake say from behind. "How comes they let you become an Angel?" He continued with a harsh tone. 

"Only the sweetest and purest hearts become Angels to look after someone." Alex said while looking at me. He was my true Guardian Angel.

I looked at Drake and knew he was jealous, but it wasn't just about Alex being an Angel. He was jealous of Alex having me!