Seventeen

"You weren't supposed to say anything to them." Castiel says in between one of Zachariah's torturing sessions. I didn't think they could torture like that. My face has a few gashes in it, along with my chest, stomach, and arms. I don't reply to the trench coated angel as I try to catch my breath. "You didn't listen to me when I told you that you must not tell them anything."

"Oh, like they're going to listen to me?" I ask, frustrated. He squints his eyes a little and tilts his head to the side. "I mean, what's the point of being a prophet if I can't say anything to anyone?" Cas's eyes relax and his head straightens, but he keeps his blank daze on me. "Seriously, tell me, Cas. Why should I get to know these things, if I can't do a damn thing about it?" I start to get frustrated. "Do you think that I deserve to get tortured?" I ask softly. He looks at the floor. "Then, tell him to stop."

"I can't--" he starts, keeping his gaze on the floor.

"Please, Cas." He brings his gaze back up to mine. He steps forward hesitantly and unlocks the chains on my wrists and ankles. "Thank you." I mutter. He touches my forehead with two fingers. My eyes fall shut and when they open, I'm in a whole different room. I look around at the nice little room and see Dean, Cas, and Zachariah. Dean is holding a beer. There's a table in the center of the room with a lot of burgers and a lot of beer. I realize that Cas is holding my hand, catching me off guard. When Dean looks at Zachariah and Cas, he doesn't see me. Cas is making me invisible.

"So, what is this, where the hell am I?" Dean asks, more polite than I expected.

"Call it a green room." Zachariah says, stepping forward. Cas stays behind, clutching my hand. "We're closing in on a grand finale here. Wanna keep you safe before showtime. Try a burger. They're your favorite. From that sea-side in Delaware. You were eleven, I think." He holds the burger out to him, but Dean just shakes his head.

"No, I'm not hungry." He mumbles.

"No? How about Ginger from season two of Gilligan's Island? You have a thing for her, don't you?" Dean just raises his eyebrows.

"Tempting. Weird."

"We'll throw in Mary Ann for free." I find myself raising my eyebrows at Dean, even though I know he can't see me.

"No, no, it's..." Dean's voice trails off. "Bail on the Holodeck, okay? I want to know what the game plan is.

"Let us worry about that." Zachariah says simply. "We want you focused, relaxed."

"Well, I'm about to be pissed and leaving, so start talking, chuckles." Zachariah sighs, before walking past Dean, and to my surprise, starts talking.

"All the seals have fallen, except one."

Lilith.

"That's an impressive score." Dean says sarcastically. "That's right up there with the Washington Generals."

"You think sarcasm's appropriate, do you? Considering you started all this?" I wince. "But the final seal, it'll be different."

"Why?" Dean asks.

"Lilith has to break it, she's the only one who can." I tighten my grip on Cas's hand, and to my surprise, he squeezes back. "Tomorrow. Midnight."

"Where?"

"We're working on that."

"Well, work harder."

"We'll do our job. You do yours."

"Yeah, and what is that, exactly? I'm supposed to be the one who stops her. How? With the knife?"

"All in good time." Zachariah states simply.