Eight

"Come on, one more. Just give me a chance to win it back."

The three of us are in a bar, Sam is over at the pool table playing against someone, clearly losing, and clearly drunk. I've never seen Sam drunk, so this is a new one for me.

"It's your cash," I hear another guy's voice. It must be the guy he's playing against. Dean and I approach the pool table.

"Excuse me," Dean says to the man as we approach. "My brother's a little sauced to be making bets."

"Hey, he insisted," the guy says.

"Yeah, but you've already taken, what, two bills off of him?" Dean says. "I'm just saying."

"Hey, shut up, Dean. I'm fine."

"No, you're not fine, you're drunk," Dean says sternly, making me have to cover my mouth to stifle a laugh.

"Let's make it five hundred," Sam says, his voice slightly slurring. Dean raises his eyebrows.

"Five hundred?!?" He asks in disbelief. Sam pulls out a wad of cash and sets it on the edge of the pool table.

"Sure," the opposing guy says.

"Five hundred," Sam says again.

"Your break." Sam raises his eyebrows at Dean and Dean gives him a look as he watches Sam shoot. He does okay, then his face goes serious as he looks over at the bar. I look behind me and see a dark haired girl sitting at the bar. When she turns her head, I can see her real demon face. Angel perks, I guess.

"Keep the money," Sam says and he walks away.

"Keep the money?" Dean asks, a little shocked by Sam saying this. "But..." He turns his head and sees Sam walking over to Ruby. I'm guessing it must be Ruby, she's the only demon they talk about.

"Well, you got a lot of nerve showing up anywhere near me," Dean says, approaching Sam and Ruby. I don't hear anymore because I decide to go to the car. After all, she's a demon, I'm an angel.

___________________________________________

I'm totally with Dean on this one. I have to say, demons aren't that trustworthy.

"Can I get a copy of the missing persons report?" Sam talks through the phone. Ruby gave them some news about this girl named Anna Milton, who escaped from a mental ward the other day. Ruby says the demons' orders are to capture her, so I guess we're trying to find her first. "Great. Okay. Thanks." I can tell Dean is pissed off.

"Well, Anna Milton's definitely real," Sam says, shutting the phone.

"Don't mean the case is real," Dean argues. "This hospital's a three-day drive."

"We've driven further for less, Dean." Silence. "You got something to say, say it," Sam says, irritated.

"I'm saying it. This sucks." My gut twists. I really hate to see them fight.

"You're not pissed we're after the girl. You're pissed Ruby threw us the tip."

"Right. 'Cause as far as you're concerned, the hell bitch is practically family. Something major must've happened when I was downstairs, because I come back and you're BFF with a demon."

"I told you. She helped me go after Lilith."

"Well, thanks for the thumbnail. Real vivid. You wanna fill in a little detail?"

"Sure, Dean, let's trade stories. You first. How was hell? Don't spare the details." Now a lump is starting to form in my throat and I really feel like I shouldn't be here. I sigh before poofing away, not warning them where I was going.