Sixteen

I snap my eyes open and lurch up in the bed, trying to gain my breath as I remember the dream again. I've been having the same one every night for about a week straight.

Lucifer is coming.

I need to talk to Cas.

The room is dark and quiet, the digital clock reads 5:30. Sam, Dean, and I went back to Bobby's place after that whole incident with the ghouls and Adam. I get my own small room upstairs, with the boys across the hall. I sigh as I stand up off the bed. I brush my hair back into a ponytail before teleporting outside, where I met Sam a few months ago. "Cas?" I ask into the darkness, trying not to be to loud. "Castiel." I say a little louder, looking around. Then the wind blows slightly. I spin around on my heels and see the trench-coated angel standing there.

"Hello Riley." I slightly smile at hearing his voice for the first time in a while. "Why'd you call? Is something wrong?" The smile wipes off my face as I look at the ground.

"Maybe." I start. "I've been having this dream--"

"You can't tell anyone." Cas interrupts. I lower my eyebrows at him. "Everything you dream is going to happen." I stay quiet for a moment as I try to take in this information.

"I'm a... I'm a..."

"You are a prophet."

"I thought Chuck was the prophet." I question, getting confused. "How do you know about this anyways?"

"Chuck is a prophet." He states, ignoring my last sentence. "You are a different kind. Usually, when one prophet dies, a new one replaces it. You have been one all this time; it doesn't seem to matter how much you die, you will always be a prophet. You're an angel prophet." I scoff.

"Does every angel in your garrison know this?" I ask sarcastically, which he doesn't seem to notice.

"One other angel besides me. Zachariah." I internally groan because I personally hate Zachariah. "Riley, you cannot tell anyone anything about these prophecies. Not even me."

"It shouldn't matter, though. I mean, this stuff can't be changed, right?"

"Yes, but Sam and Dean can't know."

"I still don't get it, Cas." I turn on my heel, so my back is to him. "What's the point of being a prophet if I can't change anything? What's the point of knowing if I can't do anything?" I turn to face him just as a gust of wind blows in my direction. Cas is gone. "Son of a bitch." I mumble.

__________________________________

I teleport back to my room just as I see Dean leaving it. He stops and looks at me. "Hey. Where were you?" He asks calmly. I hesitate for a moment before telling him.

"I was just talking to Cas." I say quietly. He lowers his eyebrows and steps in the room the rest of the way, his expression filled with curiosity. "Everything's okay, though, right?" He asks. I nod and purse my lips together. "You sure about that? 'Cause I'm getting a completely different vibe here." I slightly smile. When I look back at him, I realize that he's not smiling so much. I wipe mine off my face. Suddenly everything hits me.

Sam and Dean both want to kill Lilith. It doesn't matter who does it or how, either way, Lucifer will be set free, and I can't do anything about it. Ruby has been using Sam all along, to help set him free. I remember that dream very clearly. I remember the disappointment and shame in Dean's expression after he stabbed Ruby. How disappointed he was in his little brother. I remember the booming light, the beacon, that brought lucifer out.

"What's wrong?" Dean asks, snapping me out of my thoughts. I look up at him. My eyes sting and I didn't realize I was crying. I quickly wipe the tears away and shake my head. "Nothing." I mumble. Dean shuts the door and steps in the room, cautiously moving closer to me. "Riley, you're crying." He says softly. "What's wrong?" A tear rolls down my cheek as I shake my head. I can't tell him. No matter how much I want to. My head drops and I close my eyes, more tears falling silently. I feel terrible for putting Dean in this position, the one where he has to watch me cry.

Where Do We Go From Here? ↳ Dean Winchesterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें