Thirteen

So, there are Supernatural books.

These books were written by a prophet of the Lord named Chuck. Of course, he didn't know that the stuff he was writing was real. He said he got dreams and visions of stuff that happened to Sam and Dean, and he turned it into a book series called Supernatural.

My luck, Chuck stopped writing the books right where I came in, right when Dean went to hell. That's where the books end.

I accidentally bought them all without telling the brothers. Oops.

__________________________________________

"I'm starving. Lets go get breakfast," Dean says as he gets out of the passenger side of the impala. He just woke up. Sam and I are sitting against the car, but when Dean woke up, Sam quickly slid off.

"Where? We're, like, two hours from anything," Sam says.

"But I'm hungry now," Dean says, shutting the door. I smile. The older Winchester steps forward and stands next to Sam.

"There's probably still a sandwich in the backseat." Dean rubs his eyes before going back to the impala, reaching into the backseat and pulling out a brown paper bag. He opens it and smells inside. He throws his head back in disgust. "it's tuna," he says to Sam. Suddenly, a phone ringing interrupts their little argument. Dean reaches into the impala and searches through the glove box.

"Isn't that dad's phone?" Sam asks as Dean pulls out a silver flip phone. Dean nods as he flips open the phone and holds it up to his ear.

"Hello?"--"He can't come to the phone. Can I help you?"--"Well, sorry to break this to you, pal, but John died more than two years ago."--"Who is this?"

The next words are crystal clear to me. "I'm his son."

__________________________________________

We go to a diner in Windom, Minnesota. Dean is preparing for what might happen if Adam isn't a human, they think he may not even be related to them. "Dean, look, the best I can tell, Adam Milligan is real," Sam says as Dean opens the impala's trunk. "Born September 29th, 1990, to Kate Milligan, no father listed on the birth certificate. He's an Eagle Scout, graduated from high school with honors, and currently goes to the University of Wisconsin, biology major, premed." Dean looks up at Sam as he closes the trunk.

"This is a trap," he says simply. We enter the diner and sit down at one of the tables. The brothers sit on one side and I sit on the other. "Dean, I'm telling you, the kid checks out," Sam says.

"Great," Dean says. "So he's an actual person on the planet Earth. Sucks he's got a demon in him."

"Hi," a waitress says, approaching our table. "welcome to Cousin Oliver's. Can I--"

"We're actually waiting for somebody," Dean interrupts. She gives us menus anyways and walks away, slightly angry. "Thank you," Sam calls out politely. "What are you--" He starts to ask as Dean secretly pours out his drink into a flower pot, emptying his glass. He takes out a flask. "Holy water?" Sam asks.

"Yup," Dean says as he pours it into the glass. I roll my eyes. "One sip of Jesus juice, this evil bitch is gonna be in a world of hurt." Sam glares at Dean as his older brother sets the glass beside me, where Adam would sit.

"What if he's not possessed?" I ask as Dean unfolds something.

"Then he is a shapeshifter," he says, causing me to roll my eyes again.

"Hence, the silver," Sam says as Dean sets some silverware in front of where Adam will sit. "Look, either way, this thing is gonna bleed," Dean says. "I mean, using dad as bait? That's the last mistake of its short, pitiful life." Sam just gives him a look. "What?" He looks down at the table. "What?"