• 20 •

My eyes quickly opened. I sat erect, holding onto the hand that touched me. My body felt awakened, with a littel bit of hope.

My heart dropped, as it wasn't Keyton. It was the doctor.

"Denice, I'm sorry if I got your hopes up, I just needed to make sure, you, were still alive." He spoke slowly, watching me carefully. He leaned in, examining. His simple touch, caused me to cringe. His eyes widened. His hands held my hips. "You, are.. Dying."

I rolled my eyes. I thought to myself, I've been locked in this room for more than a month, and food can't support the desire I have.

He dryly chuckled. I eyed him, but let it go.

"I will regret this, but, I need to test something." He petted me, as if to stay, and left the room, to get something. I was planning my escape, when he returned into the room. "Drink this." He handed me one cup, with wine red liquid. What medicine was this? Wouldn't this cause overdose? "Drink it, Denice." He hurried.

I pressed the rim, to the gap between my lips and took in a sip. I, immediately began coughing.

"What is this?" My voice squeaky, yet hoarse. He took it from me, and handed me another cup. I scooted away from him.

"It isn't the same as the first Denice. I promise." I squinted at him. I took the cup, and repeated the process. This time it was different. I liked this medicine. It was sweet, and my stomach felt warm. I felt a smile coming. Why would I be smiling for just a dose of medicine?

Unlike, this one, the other cup was bitter. My eyes outlined with tears. It was an awful mix between salty and sour.

Doctor Stefan, took the cup from my hands. He wrote something down on his clipboard. A straight line on his lips.

"Denice,.. I have, bad news."

"Bad news?"

"You just drank blood." My eyes widened. I began wiping my tongue and lips. That was not blood. Blood tastes metallic. As if correcting my inner statement, "Blood from someone else, tastes, unlike yours, not metallic. Furthermore, continuing the bad news, you drank blood from Keyton and,.. I." He finished, waiting for my reaction. Does that mean,.. "I am also a vampire." I pushed myself away, against the wall. "I won't hurt you. Please don't start a scene, you're not stable enough to undergo something serious. There's more bad news." I took a deep breath, nodding, waiting for him to continue. "You're now more vulnerable. Keyton and you, are going through the process of making you a vampire. Time is against us. We're keeping Keyton away from you, we're not sure if he could handle it. We want to make sure, you come out alive, from the first step."

I was going to become a vampire? Don't I get a opinion in this idea!

The doctor left me to my thoughts, exiting the room.

Moments after, the door was locked, and footsteps began. He locked me inside? Why do the footsteps come from inside? --

I gasped, fear began to pulse through me.

I'm locked in here, with, Keyton.

• * •