• 13 •

Ever since, our scene in the bathroom, I haven't seen Keyton. Since yesterday.

I haven't seen him, in so long. I wondered where he could be, I stumbled down the stairs and into the kitchen. I was greeted by his parents.

"Good morning, Darling. You look lovely today," Katherine said. Can I call her Katherine. She giggled. "You may call us by our first name." I smiled. I trailed off to eat some food. Was I that predictable?

The maid served us, three, plates off homemade pancakes, fruits and juices.

"Thank you." I said to her, smiling.She nodded and walked away.

"Bon appetite," Damon spoke, grinning.

• ~ •

We agreed, I'd stay the day with them, since I have no clue, about where Keyton is. My thoughts spoke aloud.

"Keyton is a cute name." I covered my mouth.

"It's okay, and thank you. I'm glad you like it! It's an original." Katherine held my hand in hers, her dark brown eyes, looking into mine. "One day, you and Keyton, will have your own children. I can imagine the names you'll come up with. To be sincere, I chose the name, Daddy Damon was too focused on getting the whole family ready, for the arrival of the littel prince. Keyton," She spoke, a wide smile on her pink lips.

Keyton was a prince? Why did her voice, assure I'd stay with him, as his wife?

She broke from her thoughtful tone. Her hand holding mine tighter. Damon stood beside her now, taking her hand away mine, and holding it in his.

I wonder, what had just happened?

I began to cough, uncontrollably. My throat felt dry, and my air was cracky. I looked at my hands, spotted with blood.

Damon walked over to me, examining.

"We need to get Keyton, now. Time is running." He spoke, to Katherine. She nodded.

"You know where Keyton, is?" I asked. I ripped myself from Damon's fatherly grip.

I could feel an odd tug, leading me to a hallway behind the staircase.

Damon and Katerine shared a strong conversion. Was I supposed to come here? Is this where Keyton was?

I opened the last door, at the right.

Keyton,..?

I tried to speak, but I had no words. His clothing was scattered upon the floor, as a young girl picked them up. She noticed me.

She was similar to my age and height. She had wavy, dark brown hair and she held the same big, emerald green eyes, as Keyton.

"Hello, I'm Jane Annabelle." She greeted me, piling the clothing at the end of the bed, walking to me.

Her stretched hand, met mine. Shaking my hand.

What was happening?

"You must be, Denice Elise. Am I right?" Something in her eyes, told me, she knew. Something she knew, and I didn't.

Was Keyton here, with her? But why?

I suddenly noticed, her shirt was stained, with thick red liquid. My hands went to see what it was, but she held my hands. She ran away from me, running into a door.

What was that?

Through a door, I believe a bathroom, where the girl ran, came out Keyton. The girl was wrapped around his waist, craddling him, in her long arms.

He was here, with another girl?

He didn't notice me. That's it.

That's what the girl knew. Keyton couldn't see me, now, and, I couldn't speak.

He laid the girl down and hovered over her. His lips met her. They made a mess of themselves. He held tightly to her, their hips grinding within each other. A knot formed at my throat.

His hands slid up her nightgown. Moans left her lips. I couldn't watch this anymore. But as I turned, the girl catch my eyes.

"Stay," she worded. Why would I stay, and watch them love each other! "Please," she insisted. I bit my inner cheek, and stood still. Watching.

Tears were streaming down my cheeks, as I watched him touch her. I watched him hold her in his arms. I watched him kiss her body.I watched him love her. The way he never did with me.

My lips began trembling, as I felt a sob coming.

His lips trailed up her tummy, in between her breasts and up to the crook of her neck. He nibbled.

The girl winced. He was creating a painful love bite. He pulled away.

I lost my breathe. The tears stopped streaming. There were to scars on her pale skin.

Blood.

He was,..

My conclusions were real. He was, a vampire.

I shreiked, as I watched him.

He heard me. He faced me.

My heart dropped.

The skin surrounding his eyes was crinkled and his eyes were crystallized. An irresistible teal blue.

The air was thick, it was harder to breathe. The walls felt as if they were caving. Leaving us two in the room.

Only him and I.

Only Keyton and I.

A vampire and I.

I held onto the walls as support, as I quickly wobbled out of the room.

I had to get away.

Katherine and Damon were quickly by my side.

"Are you alright?" Hope swirling in their eyes. I panted. They were vampires too.

I quickly pulled them off, finding the nearest door, to out of this house.

I had to get away. I had to get away from them.

• Katherine's POV •

We helplessly watched as Denice stumbled out of the house. We stood in our place.

She was unlike the rest. She was frightened. Her fear lingered in the air.

Keyton ran into the hall. Surprisingly, fully dressed. He frantically looked around.

"Where is she? Where did she go?" He asked quickly.

"Before we tell you, what happened?" Damon asked him.

"She watched the whole scene. I fed off Jane." Damon held his face in his hands. "I have to find her. Where is she?" His tone louder.

"We don't know. She ran out through the back. But, be careful. She's scared." I replied. Keyton's eyes were glazed. He nodded and headed out the door. I turned to Damon.

He held me in his arms.

"Not this one too," he said, his face buried in my hair. I pulled him away, his hands in mine.

"She is, the one. I promise." His lips broke into a desperate smile. I continued. "They will be, our pair. Denice, is the one."

"She ran away," he remarked. "She's scared. The rest reacted the same way, but, with her it's different."

"Unlike other couples, they're not together because of the tension of love or hate. But, because of the fear laced within their veins," I spoke, deepth within my words.

We walked into our porch, in the back. As we watched, Denice and Keyton, struggle to catch each other.

• * •